Connection timeout issue

Hi all,

If you have connection timeout issue of Yeelight Lightstrip, and the strip has shown in your router’s DHCP list, please have a check if your xiaomi account is bigger than 4294967295 (32bit). If so, you can have a try with the following:

1、Logout your account and login with account: lixin@yeelink.net, Password: yeelink1234 from Yeelight application.
2、Try to connect device with the account. Update firmware once connected, then reset your device and try again with your account.

It would be great if you delete the device from Yeelight after firmware updated.

You can find xiaomi account and firmware update item from the pic.

Thanks,
Andy

2 个赞

This is to fix very very old light strip firmware issue. The old firmware can’t handle very big user id (internally it uses 4 bytes to store uid, however, the uid grows so fast and overflows an integer).

Only try this method if your uid is bigger than 4294967295.

I have the problem in connection with the lightstrips.I have 2 lightstrips.The one which I bought last year,It works normally.The other one which I bought this month.But I always had problem in connection.The problem is 100% same as the Pspower.I tried the method to change ID into lixin@yeelink.net.But it still not works.my ID is 1319269032

Is there some special characters in your network SSID or Password?

Hi,

I am not using a Yeelight but this device: PHILIPS Downlight.

I could not manage to connect till I found your post. When using the [lixin@yeelink.net] account the connection can be established. Sadly I cannot update the firmware since I am already using the newest version. Any idea what to do in this case?

Hi!
I tried to follow you and succeeded.
But when I returned to my account, it still failed, I need a help, please!
My uid is: 6157515479
Thanks very much!

1 个赞

@tamdvvn
Have you update the firmware version to latest? If so, please double check if it could be connected to mainland china server with your own account.

1 个赞

Hello!
Thanks for reply me.
I have set the server in Mainland China and the firmware is the latest.
I think the problem is in my id > 32 bit.
If You could fix it for me that is awesome and I’ll thank You so much!

1、Logout your account and login with account: lixin@yeelink.net , Password: yeelink1234 from Yeelight application.
2、Try to connect device with the account. Update firmware once connected, then reset your device and try again with your account.

1 个赞

I have logged in with Yeelink account and there is no firmware update.
My device: Philips ZhiRui E27 bulb.
Current firmware: 1.3.0_0035
Thanks again! :slight_smile:

This is Yeelight, we definitely DON’t support philips devices.

1 个赞

I know, but I think it’s the same problem :slight_smile:

Thank you so much.
I have been pulling my hair out in futration for hours over so many days… This fix worked!
Two lightstrips showing and operating, so now I can finally buy more to add to my home now that they’re working.

Hi everybody
I’ve use all tips and tricks but still can’t add my device. The DNS configuration, the lixin@yeelink.net option for firmware update; it doesn’t work for me.
Any Help.

So could you connect your device successfully with account of lixin@yeelink.net?

I proved to add the device to the lixin@yeelink.net email account from several mobiles devices without luck. Even i tried with an old wifi router.
I yet can’t add the device to any mobile.
Any suggestion?

Please try setup a hotspots with another phone and connect your lamp to it to see if it works.