Bedside lamp 2.0 (WIFI+Bluetooth) - no connection via bluetooth

Hi,

yesterday I received the new bedside lamp (WIFI + Bluetooth) and i can’t connect the device via bluetooth.

Connection via WiFi is working!

But your yeelight-app on my smartphone Samsung Galaxy S7 can’t connect via bluetooth. Manualy I see a bluetooth device called “mi_mtk” on my local bluetooth device settings and I can also pair it manualy.

But your yeelight app can’t find and see this bedside light :frowning: I tryed it with the normal bedside lamp (silver) and the new bedside lamp (gold) in your app.

The lamp can’t connect via bluetooth.

the bluetooth function is for bluetooth gateway.

then your advertisement is wrong!

“Communication mode: Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g/n 2.4GHz,蓝牙 4.2 BLE”

but it must be:
“Communication mode: Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g/n 2.4GHz”
Gateway: 蓝牙 4.2 BLE"

Really unhappy about this downgrade of this feature!!!

Personally I was happy that I was able to control the lamp via bluetooth. I don’t care that they removed the bluetooth feature, because wifi is better.

Wifi is not better if you want to use the lamp offline at a place without internet/wifi!!!

And I bought the lamp because I thought I could use WiFi and bluetooth.
Wifi at an online place, bluetooth at an offline place.

Is not actually advertised otherwise! I find it disappointing that this feature has been removed!

You can return the lamp and purchase the old version.

yes i can do it, but i must pay the return shipping costs and they are expensive! That’s why I’m very angry about Xiaomi!

Did you pay via paypal?

Actually, I could use the free Paypal return shipping :slight_smile:

That’s what I was going to say! PayPal offers free return shipping to £15 in my country. Paypal also has great support.

thanks for this idea :wink: