Yeelight strip not connecting with the APP

Just got a yeelight lightstrip and everytime i try to connect it, it says connection timed out check your network and try again after the connection process hits 100% i’m from india and joined to the singapore server if anyone could help please.

For the connection issue, you can check by the following steps to see where the problem is:

1)Reset the lamp by power on and off fives times in a row, and then see if there’s AP named like “yeelink-light-***” in your phone’s wifi list? If yes, go to see Step 2; If no, it means there’s something wrong with the wifi module of your lamp;

2)In Yeelight/MiHome application, add the lamp you want to connect. Make sure there’s no special character of your router’s password. If the connection successes, congratulations, if not, go to Step 3;

3)See if the lamp in your router’s DHCP list, if yes, it means there’s something wrong with connection between your router and Mi cloud. Please have a check with your ISP if it blocks some domain of xiaomi. If there’s not the lamp in your router’s DHCP list, it means, the lamp has problems to connect to your router. So please have a check if your router block the lamp or your router has connected as more devices as it can connect.

So please have a check that which step do you stuck?

And could you post the ping result of "sg.ot.io.mi.com”、"ot.io.mi.com”、us.ot.io.mi.com” and de.ot.io.mi.com”?

i can see the yeelight in my wifi list and there are no special characters in my wifi name when i try to add a device everything goes well until the process hits 99% and then it says connection timed out , check current network and scan again. i have very little knowledge about what you said in step 3 should contact my isp provider?

Please help confirm the following things:
1、See if the lamp in your router’s DHCP list.
2、please post the ping result of "sg.ot.io.mi.com”、"ot.io.mi.com”、us.ot.io.mi.com” and de.ot.io.mi.com”.

can see the lamp in my routers DHCP list

tried to connect again the same error shows up with a stable blue light on my lightstrip

CONNECTION TIMED OUT i have reset the lightstrip about 20 times now can someone please give me a fix for this.

Please post the ping result of "sg.ot.io.mi.com”、"ot.io.mi.com”、us.ot.io.mi.com” and de.ot.io.mi.com”.

ping sg.ot.io.mi.com

Pinging sg.ot.io.mi.com [52.221.85.229] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 52.221.85.229: bytes=32 time=105ms TTL=48
Reply from 52.221.85.229: bytes=32 time=107ms TTL=48
Reply from 52.221.85.229: bytes=32 time=114ms TTL=48
Reply from 52.221.85.229: bytes=32 time=102ms TTL=48

Ping statistics for 52.221.85.229:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 102ms, Maximum = 114ms, Average = 107ms

ping ot.io.mi.com

Pinging ot.io.mi.com [120.92.96.248] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 120.92.96.248: bytes=32 time=309ms TTL=43
Reply from 120.92.96.248: bytes=32 time=312ms TTL=43
Reply from 120.92.96.248: bytes=32 time=311ms TTL=43
Reply from 120.92.96.248: bytes=32 time=309ms TTL=43

Ping statistics for 120.92.96.248:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 309ms, Maximum = 312ms, Average = 310ms

hey did y’all find a solution? im still not being able to pair it

The result looks well, so there must be something wrong when the lamp try to connect the cloud. Could you have a try with changing your router’s DNS server to 8.8.8.8 instead of using automatically allocation?

Thanks

Hey. I had such a trouble too, but found a solution. Maybe it will help you too.
You should to change DNS server in settings of your internet router.
You can use 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4, they are servers of Google and they are free, so I use them by myself.
Try it out

where do i change it from?

i dont have a lot of info can you give me a simple solution? its been so many days i cant get it to work with the same error

This is in your router’s settings, you can google it

got a friend to help me changed the dns still this please check the attached images

I am sure that there’s something wrong when the lamp try to connect to the cloud. Maybe you could ask your ISP for help :wink:

so theres nothing i can do and i have a pair of lights which i cant use?

From experience, most of the errors people get are either from ISP or local router settings… try examinig your router settings. Or take another phone and try making hotspot and connect to it.