Yeelight RGB Bulb V2

There is another issue with this new bulb (color version).
Individually you can set it to music mode. But once you put it in a group, you can’t launch the music mode on the bulb (while all my V1 and lightstrip can). When i’m on the group > music mode > list of bulbs/lightstrip, i can press the play/pause button for the old bulbs but for the new one there is a message “Please update the firmware”
Hope you can fix it asap :slight_smile:

Btw i really hope that in the future you will release a more brighter version with like 1000/1200 lumen, as to be honnest it’s difficult here to notice the +200 lumen increase compare to the previous bulb

But it’s nice to see that you fixed the buzzing sound when the color is white at maximum brightness + the CE certification is also good point :slight_smile:

1 个赞

The miHome Singapore server does not have v2 lights :(. While the sensors are working fine for me (gateway, door sensor, motion sensor) the v2 lights were not added to the mihome ecosystem

1 个赞

Thanks for your feedback! Will look into it.

I had been following this thread for quite a long and thougt i shall contribute to it as well. I recieved my Gen II bulb few days ago from gearbest (around 10 days to deliver to UK). I would say they are quite an improvment from GEN I in regards to brightess and CRI. I had few GEN 1 ulbs which i tried in my living room but due to lower brightness then philips hue warm white and CRI i had to use them in one of my small room. But GEN II, i mixed them with my existing philips hue warm whites and yeelight not only are brighter but are indistngusihable when set to same color temprature as hues. I have ordered more yeelights and going to replace all of my phillips hue warm whites with GEN II color (12).

Have the same experiance, the V2 matches very good with my Philips HUE color and white ambiance.

Very nice bulbs for less than half the price of the Philips HUE bulbs. :slightly_smiling_face:

Lowered price and very good deal now on banggood:

With ** 35% / 49% off **

Priced 16,45 and 19,66 in Euro’s / free shipping.

US$ 19,99 / US$ 23.89

Hi,

I bought the Yellight bulb v2 but I’m a little disappointed : Where are the 200+ lm compared to the previous version ?

For those who are interested, I’ve tested the new Yeelight, sadly only in German

Für die, die es interessiert, ich habe die neue Yeelight mal getestet,

https://youtu.be/Xws_Jwc_YO8

2 个赞

very nice comparison video. but i need to learn german :sweat_smile:
good thing there are texts so it’s still useful.

1 个赞

Thanks,
I’m currently thinking about an English version. Unfortunately I have too much to do at the moment.

We have tested the consumption of the GEN 2 from the factory:
Sample space: 10 color bulbs and 10 CT bulbs.
Test Voltage: 100v and 220v.
Result:
Average consumption of color bulb is 1.06w under 220v and 0.755w under 110v.
Average consumption of ct bulb is is 0.925w under 220v and 0.66w under 100v.

The pictures below show the data that factory providers.

1 个赞

i received the bulbs yesterday, the colors especially red needs fixing,
the lumens seem ok,
the bulb seems and must be bigger than gen 1 which was already big and should result in space issues on some of my lights.

the main problem (other than color accuracy) is the response time! it actually is really slow to commands. when it is off, there are times that it needs 3 seconds to turn the bulb on via the app.

Thanks for the study. In most European countries the voltage sits above 230V. That increases the consumption even more. Did you connect the bulbs to WiFi for these measurements?
I would still say that for a WiFi connected device a 1W standby consumption is rather large.
Is there any sleep feature implemented?
For example, an ESP8266 or ESP32 (both having WiFi and a lot more features) never go above 1W.

1 个赞

I got one of those lamp a while back as a try. Overall I’m very satisfied of it. White light is strong enough to enlight the room. It would be really great if Yeelight found a way to lower the drained power at standby state. I didn’t master yet how to use the customization. I’ve learned how to create frames but don’t know yet how to use them. The preset lighting mode such as Sunset are just magical. I have been experiencing a new lighting system. Thanks a lot to Yeelight Team for a good and innovative stuff.

Yes, all the bulbs are connected to WIFI before measurements.

You can program the light whatever you want using this feature :wink:

1 个赞

Hm, that is disappointing. I don’t know whether it was on purpose, but leaving out the Voltage when saying you target 0.5 W standby consumption was a bit false advertising @weiwei. In overall we can say that there is almost no improvement.
I guess this kind of things happened before as well, so I hope you are more specific next time to avoid misunderstanding and frustration!

As I have already explained, this power consumption is caused by solution changes (for Homekit capability) and the same reason for delay of Gen2 release

funny thing is that the bulb is not ready for homekit yet.
the power consumption is high for something that it is not working and for those of us that don’t use homekit, we are getting all the disadvantages of it.

if the bulb needs to consume that much power for homekit… give us a way to disable these “features” so that we can drop the consumption (which i guess is something that cannot be done).

we have also mentioned that command response time is slower than V1 and issues with color accuracy.
it was mentioned that there will be a firmware update (“soon”) but no-one mentioned what will be fixed. is it just the color reproduction? and when is the firmware release date?

1 个赞

latest version 1.4.2.0027

says that “it fixes bugs” but it doesn’t say what bugs.

color accuracy is still … not accurate. can we please have an actual red color?