Yeelight RGB Bulb V2

Thanks, and actually good thinking. This could be a fallback option if we finally failed to nail down a stable energy-save mode.

That would be great if the Yeelight app could control the lamp with or without internet (LAN). Currently, when internet get down, I have to use Yeti app to turn on or off the lamps. Other apps already do like Kasa and Smartlife

@tidason wrote:

That would be great if the Yeelight app could control the lamp with or without internet (LAN). Currently, when internet get down, I have to use Yeti app to turn on or off the lamps. Other apps already do like Kasa and Smartlife

I agree with you - Yeelight app should technically be able to send LAN commands (when no internet access is possible ) as well as to the cloud ( when internet is available ).

On android as a temporary solution you can use Tasker app and “run shell” command, and enter TCP command ( which then ARE SENT THROUGH LAN ONLY ) like:
echo -ne ‘{“id”:1,“method”:“toggle”,“params”:[]}\r\n’ | nc -w1 192.168.1.195 55443

• just replace the IP and possibly the ID.
    ** Please note that Yeelight needs to fix a bug related to the ID ( on RGB BULB V2), since it is changed very often ( like almost every time you send command )

@liufei - please sign me up to beta firmware to solve the red color issue.
Xiomi ID: 1829161753
current firmware: 1.4.2_0026 ( of my RBG bulb v2 800lm)

Also about the power-saving mode - it is a welcome idea as long as the user is able to toggle it in the Yeelight app - and I would add as well as in the tasker addon.
( please also publish the TCP command for that action ).

1 个赞

Thank you for the advice. Let’s hope it’s not too much complicated for me. I’ll have a try

Heard from @dingyichen App team is working on this. Please give them some time 'cause this is a lot of work to do - with very high risk to violate existing functionalities.
@night_mare007 see if there are update notifications.

About the beta firmware:
Just checked - nothing changed.
currently it shows:
“Current Version: 1.4.2_0026
Firmware is up to date.”
UPDATE: ok - something weird just happened - but in the end I managed to update ( please note since I think it is a bug )
Since I didn’t managed to get the update, I change server from Germany -> Singapore -> check firmware update again but nothing changed, still _0026 version.
then I Killed the app -> opened it to find that the bulb’s configuration were GONE/WIPED.
so left w/o any choice I added “new bulb”, but at after few scans, bulb was NOT found.
So I did the “reset” procedure you instruct in cases like this -> the managed to scan & find the bulb.
When the bulb was finally added to the Yeelight app -> ONLY THEN I got a “new firmware” alert, did it, and it was successfully updated to _0027 ver.

it is weird since killing the app shouldn’t make the bulb disappear - NOR CHANGING THE SERVER ( which is the only explanation left ).
don’t you do migration/sync of data automatically between server each hour/day ?

About the RED color fix ( in 0027 ver )
IMHO it’s slightly better “red” ocmparing to v0026
When at full brightness (=100), red (255,0,0) color is at its best, but with “orange” leftovers.
The lower the brightness, the less reddish the color is.
At lowest brightness (=1) the red (255,0,0) is still somewhat pinkish.

to sum it up - it’s better - but still need fixing.
Don’t you Xiomi got a “colorimeter” and “dark chamber” to test & calibrate it ?

About the ID issue -
I solved it - its not the bulb fault but linux’s commands & applications.
I explain it @this thread, and suggest a solution that I tested and works

I have this yeelight white bulb Model YLDP05YL. Voltage on the bulb is written- AC220v-240v. Can I use this bulb in 120v?

It actually supports 110~240v.

Has the model for the API already been updated for this v2 bulb? I created a third party app and I want to support the new features of this bulb but can only do so if it’s identified by it’s own model.

The model is the same as V1 bulb and both of them also have the same API and properties.

Thanks. That might be the case for the color bulb but I thought I heard that the V2 White Bulb now supports a light temperature capability which the V1 White bulb does not support. To support this I would need to know how to identity the V1 White from the V2 White bulb using the model.

“light temperature capability” - you mean setting the color based on kelvin numeric value ?

anyway, when you send multicast SSDP you get reponses from all the LAN connected bulbs, each response includes a list with ALL the functions that this particular bulb supports.

if color model v1 do not support color changing based on temp, it don’t have ‘set_ct_abx’ listed in that SSDP response message. ( at least is shouldn’t have it if it’s not supported - which i’m sure can be fixed with firmware update ).

I know that v2 indeed have support for that function.

V2 bulbs have two SKU, one is tunable white and the other is color version. You will see model = CT for tunable white and model = COLOR for color version.

1 个赞

I just loaded firmware 1.4.2_0030 on a ColorBulb v2
Had to change servers also.
Release note: ‘color mode with higher saturation’

I had four lights controlled by a single switch. The latest update is causing some serious issues for me. When i press the switch, the 4 bulbs do not turn on at the same time together. Worst still, sometimes after pressing the switch, none of the bulbs turn on. Only after a second or third attempt finally all four lights is on. Yeelight please take note and release patch to fix it. When i use flow for the 4 lights, they are all out of sync.

I am on the German Server and my Bulbs are in Firmware Vers. 1.4.2_0026. Yeelight App says there is no newer Firmware.
So I See there are so much Updates to solve the Red Light Color Problem. Are they all Beta Firmwares? Or is the Germany Server not able to Update the Bulbs? I think there we’re it better when the Yeelight Team push a Sticky in this Thread whats the actually Firmware Versions for all Products. So is it very confused to see whats a Beta and a Official Firmware Version.
Best Regards

@weiwei @liufei can you please add me to beta ? I’m on Singapore server.
MI ID: 1668110901

sure. it’s done

It is a pity that I can not use “favorites” when creating a “customization”. I would like to use the colors and shades that I captured from the photo. I saved these colors in the bookmarks. And I want to make smooth transitions during a long time between these colors using “customization”. But in “customization” you can enter color only manually and thus it is impossible to regulate “saturation”, only “brightness”. Please add the opportunity to use the color from the “favorites” in “customization”.
I also think that the menu with the power-on time settings is located quite deep in the menu, I would like to have faster access.
Thank you!

1 个赞

Thank you. Now I’ve got a second bulb and I do know how to use the customization section. I even use them to create a scene. So that I can activate it by voice command through Google home. I just love those smartlight bulb.

1 个赞