Yeelight RGB Bulb V2

Hm, sounds rather disappointing. Hope this is not true or fixed later as the promises were completely different.

In the end it’s a light bulb. They can’t do much more.

The basic features are brightness, CRI, watts/lumen, standby consumption, color quality and how fast is the response. The rest are bonuses (e.g. Homekit, design) and don’t matter for everybody.
As of today, the visible things that changed are brightness (not with much) and shape. Also watts/lumen.
I am surprised they didn’t try to increase the brightness to a higher value (maybe cooling them would have been a problem… not really).

I was talking about their promises/statements of standby consumption, brightness etc.
Hoped that it was significantly better in most aspects than the first generation. Unfortunately this might not be true regarding the comments here.

Could someone tell me the model name of this bulb within the API?

Im a little bit disapointed… the red color looks like orange… :frowning:

that was from November 2017…
i guess that the “color mixing algorithm engineer” is not actually an engineer.

model is still “color”

will be fixed in next release

Fixed with an update ?

There is another issue with this new bulb (color version).
Individually you can set it to music mode. But once you put it in a group, you can’t launch the music mode on the bulb (while all my V1 and lightstrip can). When i’m on the group > music mode > list of bulbs/lightstrip, i can press the play/pause button for the old bulbs but for the new one there is a message “Please update the firmware”
Hope you can fix it asap :slight_smile:

Btw i really hope that in the future you will release a more brighter version with like 1000/1200 lumen, as to be honnest it’s difficult here to notice the +200 lumen increase compare to the previous bulb

But it’s nice to see that you fixed the buzzing sound when the color is white at maximum brightness + the CE certification is also good point :slight_smile:

1 个赞

The miHome Singapore server does not have v2 lights :(. While the sensors are working fine for me (gateway, door sensor, motion sensor) the v2 lights were not added to the mihome ecosystem

1 个赞

Thanks for your feedback! Will look into it.

I had been following this thread for quite a long and thougt i shall contribute to it as well. I recieved my Gen II bulb few days ago from gearbest (around 10 days to deliver to UK). I would say they are quite an improvment from GEN I in regards to brightess and CRI. I had few GEN 1 ulbs which i tried in my living room but due to lower brightness then philips hue warm white and CRI i had to use them in one of my small room. But GEN II, i mixed them with my existing philips hue warm whites and yeelight not only are brighter but are indistngusihable when set to same color temprature as hues. I have ordered more yeelights and going to replace all of my phillips hue warm whites with GEN II color (12).

Have the same experiance, the V2 matches very good with my Philips HUE color and white ambiance.

Very nice bulbs for less than half the price of the Philips HUE bulbs. :slightly_smiling_face:

Lowered price and very good deal now on banggood:

With ** 35% / 49% off **

Priced 16,45 and 19,66 in Euro’s / free shipping.

US$ 19,99 / US$ 23.89

Hi,

I bought the Yellight bulb v2 but I’m a little disappointed : Where are the 200+ lm compared to the previous version ?

For those who are interested, I’ve tested the new Yeelight, sadly only in German

Für die, die es interessiert, ich habe die neue Yeelight mal getestet,

https://youtu.be/Xws_Jwc_YO8

2 个赞

very nice comparison video. but i need to learn german :sweat_smile:
good thing there are texts so it’s still useful.

1 个赞

Thanks,
I’m currently thinking about an English version. Unfortunately I have too much to do at the moment.

We have tested the consumption of the GEN 2 from the factory:
Sample space: 10 color bulbs and 10 CT bulbs.
Test Voltage: 100v and 220v.
Result:
Average consumption of color bulb is 1.06w under 220v and 0.755w under 110v.
Average consumption of ct bulb is is 0.925w under 220v and 0.66w under 100v.

The pictures below show the data that factory providers.

1 个赞