Yeelight Bulb WHITE not connecting

so the bulb can connect to the first router and my smartphone can connect to the second router? or both should be connected on the same?

As long as the bulb and your phone have internet access, you have full control.

got it, so I`ll try to connect the bulb to the first router…

Hi, how are you? I’ve tried what I told yesterday night… but still have the same problem…
its so strange, because everytime I turn on the bulb its starting to blink very fast… I’ve tried to reset manually many times and didnt work… It look like the bulb have some problem or defect or maybe it is configured wrong…

The weird part is the bulb blink to fast and dont stop until I turn off the bulb…
I only get access to the bulb though wifi when it is starting, the bulb show some colors during 5 seconds, like red, green, blue, pink and in this period I can see the bulb wifi, after that it starts to blink and the wifi got off and I never can sync my phone with the bulb… what should I do? why its bliking fast? is there some problem?

What’s your power voltage? Is your bulb white version or the color version??

I think this is 110V and this is the color version…

Where did you buy the color bulb? If from GearBest, it can only support 220v.

Yeah, I bought that from gearbest… Im from Brazil, and here most of the houses have 110V... we just use 220v for showers and washing machines... Im almost sure that this is the problem,… so sad =(