Yeelight and MiHome Android app Scheduling bug

First off all I must say that I have been playing with my Yeelight RGB this last couple of days, and it’s awesome.
What I have found out (I might be wrong though) is that when scheduling an action, the app converts local time to China mainland time and saves that to the cloud servers, but it misses for an 1 hour.

Example: If I set the Schedule TimeOn: 00:40 (GMT+1) it saves it as 06:40 (China mainland) but it should be 7:40 as China mainland is GMT+8 which makes an 7 hour difference.

And some other questions if someone knows the answer than please help:

• When testing I’ve added a few virtual devices in Yeelight, but I don’t seem to find an option to remove them. How can I do this?
  • Creating “Home screen shortcut” says Shortcut added but does nothing (tested on MIUI 8.1.1.0)
  • Why are the standalone Yeelight app and the Yeelight app started from MiHome different? For example: I can see the scheduled actions from the standalone app inside the MiHome version but the TimeOn is displayed as it is saved in the Cloud (China mainland) and if I create a schedule inside MiHome version I can’t see that in the standalone app.

Actually, Yeelight app has support time zone schedule, when you set a timer from Yeelight application, it also save time of China mainland to the cloud. And after you get the schedule from cloud, Yeelight app will transfer it to local time. Do you have a day light saving change recently? If yes, that’s why it misses for an hour. And we are working on the fix.

You can delete the device by swiping the card left/right.

We have received the same issue yet, it seems it doesn’t work on some kind of devices. This is a bug and will fix it soon.

We thought about the case at the start time we add schedule in Yeelight app. The schedule should be the same between Yeelight app and Mi Home. I tested it few minutes ago, it is ok for me. But there’s some layout issue in Mi Home. Could you please try again? Because Mi Home and Yeelight app uses the same interface to get schedules of bulbs.

1 个赞

Could you please check if the system grants permission of “Home Screen shortcuts” for Yeelight.

You can go to Settings/Installed apps, find Yeelight, in the page of “Permission manager”. I saw “Home Screen shortcuts” has been denied in MIUI 8, you can have a try to add after you accept the permission.

1 个赞

dingyichen thank you for the answers.

Indeed we had. Last Sunday the day ligth savings ended.

I did this and now I can set Home Shortcuts.[quote=“dingyichen, post:2, topic:128”]
The schedule should be the same between Yeelight app and Mi Home. I tested it few minutes ago, it is ok for me. But there’s some layout issue in Mi Home. Could you please try again? Because Mi Home and Yeelight app uses the same interface to get schedules of bulbs.
[/quote]

Here are how the interfaces look on my device.
Yeelight:

MiHome:

Also I have noticed that the standalone Yeelight app has a lot of delay this last few days. Sometimes it doesn’t respond to commands to TurnOn or Off the bulb and sometime it show the bulb is off when it’s on or vice versa. MiHome doesn’t have this problems and runs smoothly.

Could you delete current schedule and set it again. I received feedback from others that this is works.

I’ve tried that, it doesn’t fix the layout. But it’s not that big of a deal for now.

hello, so should I setup the timers with my local time or china mainland time ?

Hi, when you add a timer, the time you set if your local time which is based on your phone device location.

How i can work with this apps and mobile recorder https://mobilerecorder24.com/ for record all history?

Hi, i have the same issue in mi home application. Are your apps related ? Btw. i had light saving change 2 month ago, so it seams that the issue will remain till the next change in October. Thanks.

Hell now that you mention it, I also have a one hour scheduling problem in MiHome app…

@dalanik @vlad_nikitin

How about Schedule in Yeelight application?

Can’t tell, I use Yeelight app to control colors/brightnes and all schedules are in MiHome

You can have a check Schedule from Yeelight app to see if the time shows the same with Mihome.