[Update] Yeti, a new app to control Yeelight

Hello,

New Version 23/November 2017:
We’ve update the light control interface to be more user friendly! Try it and let us know what you think! :smiley:

New Version 28/July 2017:
Now you can add a home screen widget for a quick access to your favourite charms!

Hello! My name is Luis Pinto and I wanted to share with you an application we have been developing to control smart home devices.From now on, it is also compatible with Yeelight. :rocket:

For the moment we have tested the app with color, white led bulbs and stripes but I would like you to test the app with other products from yeelight you may have and report any feedback. Anything you can share with us will help to improve the app! :smile:

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/yeti-smart-home/id1190638808?mt=8
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.netbeast.yeti

In case you need help to connect your Yeelights to Yeti, here you have a guide to enable the LAN Control:
how to enable LAN control of your Yeelight devices

Here you have some screenshots of the app:

Thank you so much!

1 个赞

Hi, love the app but could you add more effects onto the app?

1 个赞

Hey! Thank yo so much for your feedback! We are working on including new features soon but can’t tell you exactly when.

nice, works pretty good (I’ve tested with yeelight white and color and also HS110),
but I don’t plan future extended test of application due to pricig policy and unacceptable payment options…

Hello, you can also use the free version. We only limit the number of rooms you can use and routines actives at a time.

So, in order to improve the pricing policy and payment options, should be nice if you could tell me what you found “unacceaptable” so we can improve that.

Thank you, again for trying the app!

The app works perfectly with the Yeelights! I would like it if the lights would connect with sounds and music though. For the rest, nice app!

1 个赞

Thank you so much for your feedback! We will work on that functionality for the future releases, for sure.

Thanks for adding support for this bulbs.

Regarding pricing: I don’t like subscription models and also a price of 4.99€ per month is too high for me (2€ per year would be appropriate in my point of view). In a relation: The bulbs cost under 20€.

1 个赞

Thank you so much for your feedback! At least, I hope you like the app and this is why we have the free version.

Hello Claell,

Yeti is for free from now on, I hope you can try it again and let us know!

Thanks!

Hi,

thanks for letting me know, I already received an E-Mail about this. For me this is a good decision, nevertheless I hope, you can get money for developing this app.

Thank you so much for your feedback and consideration!

Hi!

is the location feature going to be available soon. Like it alows a scene to be triggered when you leave ou arrive home?

Congrats for the app!

1 个赞

Nice app, maybe add widget(s)?

1 个赞

Hey! Thank you so so much for your feedback! Actually, we have that feature on our roadmap but I can’t ensure when it will be available. I hope soon!

Thank you again for your feedback! I’m glad you like it!

Hey! Thank you! Widgets will be available soon, we are working on that implementation right now :grin:

I have a white bulb. It’s nice that Yeti finds it right away after I installed the app, but it doesn’t control much besides on/off and blinking. There’s “loop”, but nothing happens there. Also can’t control the brightness.

1 个赞

Hello Vevola,

Thank you so much for trying Yeti Smart Home

Adding new effects it is something we are working on.

Regarding the brightness, can you try to reduce the amplitude of the circle? That’s how you can change the brightness of the light. Hold the tap on the edge of the color wheel and then try to reduce it. See the image below with the color light bulb example:

I think, someone in your company has heard our voices,
it is nice, that now full version is for free, but everything I could say, you can find already is in competing company:
http://www.evertygo.com/imperihome
if you follow their pricing policy and support such smart home systems, I can say: maybe I can switch from Imperihome to Yeti, but now it looks like very long way to go…

BTW I recommend Yeti for simple setups, but everything depends on pricing policy