Problems with setting up Google Assistant

Ok, I understand that, but I wonder if the setting up the google assistant is not finished because I have my bulbs set to china server?
Would it finish if I had set up one bulb for singapore server?

Thank you.

Like I wrote you, I’m connecting to Singapore, not China. Still having the problem.

I don’t think that’s same issue. @StePo71 could you please share a screen capture of the page you get after login?

I think it is. Both @StePo71 and I get to the login page and then not able to complete the setup because it reloops the page. (Besides my note that the page shows up in a different language.)

Yes indeed. After the login page I end up in the Google Assistant settings.

and then I end up here again:

Please try to connect to the Singapore server to control it, and wish you success!

I already mentioned I’m connected to the Singapore server, and I have this problem.

Are you testing it? Does it work for you? Or do you have the same problems we’re experiencing?

@vevola

We have tested the same case, can’t reproduce that issue.

Are you facing exactly same issue as the screen capture @StePo71 attached?

Which page did it end up after you click the confirm button?

@StePo71 what browser are you using? Are you using Chrome as your default? Did you change server to Singapore?

I was able to identify the problem: It only works if Chrome is set as your default browser because of the google assistant intent. Other browsers won’t work.

I would still invite you to fix the problem with the wrong language showing up, and maybe add a notice that Chrome must be set as default browser.

As you have mentioned, only Yeelight not in the language you expect, right?

See screenshot. The text “Yeelight ga Mi…” is not localized.

Please tell me exactly, which words are incorrect.

That whole line. Everything in your image.

Now you make me confused. According to your previous message, OTHER STUFF is in Portuguese, THE LANGUAGE YOU EXPECT.

What language do you expect? What language do you select in system setting?

Yes, the text of the lower part of the screen - so everything EXCEPT the text from your screenshot - is properly localized. I see it in Portuguese, which is what my device’s localized region.

The “Yeelight ga Mi” text, in other words, all the text from the last screenshot you sent, is NOT properly localized. For some reason it’s in Uzbek (according to Google translate, but I don’t know that language). I would expect it also to be in Portuguese following my device’s localized region.

I’m sorry, but I don’t know how to explain this better…

Got your point now. Will find someone fix it and let you know.

I use Chrome as default (sole) browser on my mobile phone.

I did not find time to change the bulb to Singapore server and to try it out again. But i will test it within the next 7 days.

I set up a new account on the singapore Server and connected a color bulb to it.

I still cannot setup google assistant with yeelight actions (as in the screenshots I posted here earlier)

I loaded the pages in Chrome.

@coasterli: i will send you my new account.

Hello,

Work for me in french language.

I setup google assistant on my phone, link google assistant to my yeelight account, and i can power on, off, change color of my yeelight strip led in FRENCH!

Thanks.