New Yeelight iOS App

Yes, the buffer for property reporting is 128 bytes.

Nice to see there is an alternative app supporting direct control (might be worth to try and implement direct control also in the official app, if available).

Unfortunately I do not own an iOS device, so I cannot use it. Are you planning an Android version and maybe even open source the code, so other developers can also work on this?

I’ve already started an Android version of the app. However, Its on the very beginning and my android dev skills are not as good as iOS. It will take some time.

There are no plans to open-source the app right now, just because the code needs a lot of work to be clear and understandable. I’m not against the idea though. Maybe in the future.

Remember, i’m not earning anything from this app so i need a job also to pay for the hardware i’m buying :yum:

1 个赞

You can actually apply for free samples from us :slight_smile:

Wow, i had no idea i can do that. I received my light strip few days ago and now the app will have “official” support for it:

So where do i apply @weiwei?

You can send a mail to "weiwei@yeelight.com" and explain what you are doing. Then we can review your application and decide whether it’s OK.

@weiwei

i’ve noticed a strange behaviour on the API. To reproduce do the following:

• Open 2 telnet connections on the same device. 1 to send commands and 1 to receive feedback.
  • Play this color flow:
{"id":0,"method":"start_cf","params":[0,1,"500,2,6500,50,500,2,6100,50,500,2,4900,50,500,2,4500,50,500,2,3300,50,500,2,2900,50,500,2,2500,50"]}

On the second window, the feedback is something like:

{"method":"props","params":{"flowing":1}}
{"method":"props","params":{"flow_params":"0,1,500,2,6500,50,500,2,6100,50,500,2,4900,50,500,2,4500,50,500,2,3300,50,500,2,2900,50,500,2,2500,50"}}
  • Change the mode to a specific RGB:
{"id":1,"method":"set_rgb","params":[16230655,"smooth",200]}
  • Play again the same color flow. At that point you receive:
{"method":"props","params":{"flowing":1}}

without any flow_params.

Is there any reason for that? Any plans to update it in future firmware versions?
In my case its very useful to get this feedback because i want to match the flow_params with any existing color flows stored on the device.

The bulb will only report property changes, it’s per design. The flow params under your case is still kept in the memory, you can query it through “get_prop” command.

v1.2 is under review.

Highlights of this version:

• Color flow support + editor.
  • Faster detection of physically-off bulbs. (thanks @weiwei)
  • light strip support.
  • misc fixes here and there.
  • changed the app store name (thanks @longnd)

Due to the fact that i had limited time to work on this you may find some bugs. Please report them here and ill fix them on the next version.

1 个赞

Can’t wait to try color flow editor … Also, we decide to ship one Mijia desk lamp and Yeelight Ceiling light to you.

Thats awesome. Thanks a lot man!

I’ve removed the “preview” from the color flow editor. The reason is i didnt know how to deal with the changes in brightness. For example a strobe light effect that has only changes in brightness would appear exactly the same. I still have the code, so if i find a solution on this i will add it later on.

No problem, actually I think you can redefine the preview action to sending the flow to your device, so user would know how the effect actually looks like. Then user can decide to continue editing or save it.

1 个赞

This is exactly how it works at the moment :+1:

1 个赞

Really Nice !!

1 个赞

Hi,

Love the new app update but have one request,

Is it possible you could slow the strobe lighting down a little and make it possible to personalise it?

Thanks,

Thomas

You can edit the default strobe effect:

Hi
You are awsome, your flow section is flawless, lag = 0, now I can make great notify flow, 0.05 ms really cool, I think you can make this app better than original yeelight, can you add seperated group ?
thanks man

I am using your app to creat a flow for specific music so can you add an option to adjust effect duriation more precisely ? Can I type duriation thanks
There is a command limit I think can you remove this limitation or the bulb can handle only few flow commands ?

Hi @MehradHM,

Once they will add LAN support on the official app it will be as fast as LightYeeAr, if not faster.

I will consider adding a textbox on the next version so you can edit the duration more precisely!

Thanks for the advices :+1:

amazing, thanks for sharing!

1 个赞