Mi gateway on Singapore server

the data stored in each server is different dude.

they have one main server for accounts and then they have different servers for the devices and automations.
your data is not on all servers so… they need data migration. you should first ask “is it hard to do this?” instead of “i am the one who knows everything and do everything almost workless.”

on the other hand… does anyone know WHY lately the notifications don’t arrive to phone?
for example i have an automation which says that when i long press this button send me a notification to the phone. sometimes it is working most of the times it is not.

Well… new update to the Mi Home app and this time the Locale setting contains the option “European regions” in English (finally…)
Lets see how close we are to have a European server with full support from both Xiaomi and Yeelight.

Are they hired You as a Lawyer, cuz I believe I wasn’t talking to You.
I do databases for a living, so If You already have one, seated in the cloud, it is only few lines of codes to connect it with another server, especially when it is exactly the same account.
So next time if You are not asked or You a layman don’t answer… dude.
EOT with You so don’t bother…

if you did databases for a living you would know how to speak proper English.

the “cloud” is a simple server or a set of servers replicating themselves nothing more.
if you actually knew anything about databases then you would knew that there is such a thing as Analysis - Implementation and beta testing and that data migration is not something that you should consider as “only a few lines of codes to connect with another server” especially when you have to deal with thousands of accounts and data that should not get lost or overwritten. AND to stop you from opening your big mouth… consider this scenario…

a USER has 10 devices in the mainland China server and the same user has 6 devices (discovered) in the Singapore server. one of these 10 devices is a motion sensor called “Motion Room” in the mainland China server which is also on the Singapore server but it is now called “Room Motion”. to the user it is the same exact human motion detection device as a hardware BUT for xiaomi’s servers they are two different things. so… HOW would you (as a “database professional”) connect-solve this problem with a few lines of code? overwrite them?

and now… i am done bothering with you.

If all the thing is as simple as you said, then we will do it very quickly.

Since you are also an engineer, you should not take any assumption that some task/system is so EASY that several lines of code could solve everything, the whole system is not just a relational database. If you are doing some demo project, of course you can handle it, but if you are running a business, especially with lots of live users and live/existing data, then you must make sure everything is 100% safe.

For private policy (of EU), we must also provide interfaces that can let user view all their data, all logs related to them, delete all their data whenever they want and some other related operations. So you should have some patience and let us handle these problems one by one.

3 个赞

@WeiWei so from what i understood you must first comply with some EU policies before you are able to add your products to the EU server. I hope its “only” this (even though as a programmer/analyst my self i know its not something simple at all)

@PrimeTeDeV Telling someone about not speaking “proper English” its not cool at all…
you see, not everyone has English as his native language. At least many of us speak English even if we make many mistakes, do you speak proper Greek like me? The fact that we all speak English here is so that we can understand each other but noone is obligated to speak English fluently. What is really ironic (there… you know a few Greek words after all) is that you say that in a Chinese forum. We are more than 7 billion people and not everything and everyone revolves around you guys. Better think before you speak or as we say here in Greece “dip your tongue in your mind/brain first”.

Anyway what you say after that unfortunate first sentence, is correct. Its another thing to connect two databases and another thing to replicate or migrate data between them. You can have the same login but having the same data is totally diffferent. If from the beggining the goal is to have the same data between all servers then you could have replication between them but if the goal is to have different servers with diferent products/settings/policies etc (like in our case) then a few lines of code wouldnt do the trick.
What you could have (but even then you should be careful for security issues as Weiwei said) is an api to give the user the ability to migrate some of his settings/products from one server to another having in mind that you should check for already existing devices etc and handle that.
For example i am at locale “MainLand China” and i change it to “Europe”, i could have an option to replicate my products to the new server (not having to connect everything again) but what would happen if a product is not available to this new server yet? It would have to be something pretty complicated to work well, like
“I want to change server”, “here are your sensors etc that can be migrated to the new server, do you want to migrate them?” (checkboxes) etc. And what if you change something in the new server and expect to find it if you revert to the old one? Well, thats a lot of work and a lot of a mess and certainly not a few lines of code… It would be great but what is more important now is to have a couple of servers that has full support from both Xiaomi and Yeelight.
Actually there is no point discussing this on yeelight forum since the migration option should be mostly on the xiaomi side (the many sensors are the problem not the few bubls) and that will never happen :slight_smile:
Lets concentrate to the new European server and to Singapore server and forget about such things as data migration at this time.

What Yeelight could have is an Export / Import feature for custom scenes and customization settings so you could Export them and Import them when you want. This way you could import them after you add your bulb in a new server or even share it with others. That would be way “easier” and more efficient.

as a matter of fact patrida, yes i can speak proper Greek like you. i agree that English is not everyone’s native language but the whole point of starting a debate between Lolek1 and me is that he pissed me off as i am a developer / analyst myself (όλοι εδώ μαζευτήκαμε). he claims to be a database “professional” when in fact he is just a single user who tries to “push” a company into finishing something he knows nothing about with a “few lines of code”.
every client (like Lolek) tries to support that developers all they do is press a few keystrokes and copy / paste code from google. EASY! but when something is not working as it should… “we are useless”. having that in mind i am happy to see that you and weiwei agree with what i said.

What are the odds :stuck_out_tongue:
Well that is our destiny… everybody things that we can hack everything, fix everything (no matter if it is a refrigerator or a car or a pc) and do everything with a few lines of code.
This is the destiny of the developer… you will get used to it :slight_smile:
We could always become system administrators (developer joke) but we took the hard path :smile:

PS. well… i think we all understood that he isnt a db professional of any kind… as i explained (using indirectly references) the “few lines of code” is probably from someone that the only db he has ever worked with is MySql at most… but i understand his frustration because i am frustrated too with this situation but mostly with Xiaomi side and not Yeelight. We are pressing and waiting for Yeelight to be able to support the new European server when all this time the easy thing would be for Xiaomi to properly support the Singapore server.
So to be honest, Yeelight hears all the complaints simply because they are the only ones listening…

Do anyone of you with the xiaomi gateway experience problem with WiFi interference? When I connected the xiaomi temperature and humidity sensor to the gateway my two google homes and my alexa stopped working. When i talk to the alexa it takes forever for her to answer and sometimes she says “I’m having problem to connect to the internet. Please try again later.”. My google home doesn’t succeed to play spotify music on my chromecast audio and says, “something went wrong.”. When i took out the battery from the sensor and restarted the wifi it worked again. But as soon as i put in the battery in the sensor the problems start again…

you need to understand policy regarding personal data especially in EU which is very strict.

Finally, MiHome gateway supports Singapore server” because of Alexa and IFTTT, why You and Yeelight stuff keep talking about privacy policy in EU. I dont care EU server cuz it is not supporting anything now.

Gateway it’s working on singapore server?

No. We can add the gateway but we can’t open it to access to the configuration, automation etc…
We are impatient.

Is there any way to get notified when the gateway will get support on Singapore server?
It seems users need to choose between having Google assistant control ability without the Gateway or vice versa.

1 个赞

keep an eye on this forum would be a good way to know the sensor’s progress

1 个赞

Thank you for interacting with us. As a user, I really appreciate company like Yeelight who listen to us. Even better, you response to us.

It has been a habit for me visit this forum everyday. Haha

1 个赞

Hello
Do you have information about the IOS update?
I still do not have a visible gateway on Singapor or any other
Mainland only
thank you

Will this be coming to iOS Mi Home app? Still did not see all the devices when I changed the locale to Singapore. As for language, there is no default option.

iOS Mi Home seem to be lagging behind… :sweat:

Hi, any news about the singapore server?

4 个赞

are we sure its gonna work some day?
if not… is there any other switch to control yeelight except the xiaomi switch that connected to the xiaomi gateway?

1 个赞