High pitch sound when turned on

Hi.

When I turn on my Yeelight ceiling lights a really annoying high pitch sound is emitted by it. I noticed it before, but now that I installed it in my bathroom which reflects the sound and it drives me crazy…
I am in the Netherlands. 230V.

Can this be fixed?

Hello!
Just want to add that i have the same problem with the ceiling lights. Installed today in my living room and its unusable.

The sound is scaling with brightness. In Moon mode it sounds like a mosquito flying around and in Sun mode its like several hornets in the room.

Btw.: Germany 230V.

Same question: Can it be fixed or broken unit?

Hi, I’d like to know that as well :slight_smile:

Have you somehow fixed the problem?

Hey guys!

First of all it is really sad that they sold us thèse bulbs. As far as i am concerned i am disappointed that i bought such shit things like thèse yeelight RGB bulbs.

To answer your questions: Although I am not a développer at Milights or anything like that I am just a Guy who bought 5 bulbs for my home and realized how awfully stupid i was. No, it probably Can not bé fixed. LED lights Can be dimmed down with two possible ways. First is thé cheapest way which i dont even know thé name. It does dim LED lights and it has a high pitch noise when used. Also it Can change the colour of thé plasma.
The second is analog which is a usual résistance dimmer. It Can not bé used with any kind of LED and it is a little bit more expensive. Although it doesnt have a noise.

So in nutshell we Can not do anything about it because they screwed us over and it has this noise. That’s it.

Btw I have a dégrée as a lighting technician. I work in thé film industry where you Can Guess which type of dimmers we prefer.

Good day to you all! :blush: