Mi gateway on Singapore server

So why did Xiaomi add Mi Home compatibility with the Singapore server if nothing else is supported? Very strange!

This is really annoying… i have new sensors and everything. I spent so much money on the gateway with all the accessories and I can’t use them with Google Home because my lights are set up on the Singapore server. I don’t understand who came up with this?

It almost seems easier to return everything and go to Samsung Smart things if this is never going to be solved.

i don’t understand why you guys are bitching about the Singapore and the Google Home thing.
umirza… when you bought the xiaomi gateway and the rest of the things you knew that it was not supported by the Singapore server but still you bought it and the rest of your accessories. there were no promises about the Google Home.

there is no point of breaking Yeelight’s balls for Xiaomi’s stupid strategy. if you really are in a rush to make this thing work… download openhab2, discover the devices and connect it with IFTTT like i have. i can turn on / off the power plugs, lights, get temperature readings and controls. it is not a simple way of making it work (you need to read for an hour or two) but you could do it and be fine with Mainland China until Xiaomi decides to put their shit together.

don’t “threat” that you are going to return everything and go with Samsung Smart things because there is a reason you chose Xiaomi’s ecosystem… you don’t have enough money! and i don’t blame you. personally i like Xiaomi’s ecosystem, i believe it is one of the best out there but it still needs a LOT of improvement. in the end… best value for money you can get. period.

1 个赞

Hope it works with google home and Alexa

I am in the same boat… Singapore does indeed show all devices but after adding the gateway it wont get the status nor can you control it. I know the people from yeelight always give good support but this problem is all up to xiaomi and not yeelights fault. Also i dont know why people complain here about mihome gear thats made by Mijia so we need to contanct them or xoaimi and leave these nice yeelight devs alone because they do GREAT work.

To be honest, I am so thankful to Yeelight as my first smart home item is Yeelight.
They have great support and a good forum that response fast.
Unlike MiHome, I personally message and email them for clarify what is their plan on this matter.
No one is replying message/email.
Very disappointed.

Agree on not blaming Yeelight dev on Xiaomi strategy fault but contacting Xiaomi/Mijia? Goodluck with that, send them hundreds of bug emails they never reply to any of it neither fixing one.

We probably gonna see an update on Q1 2018 just be patient guys we’re almost there!

I cannot find the gateway in the Singapore server anymore. Maybe they removed it while the automation issue is resolved.

hi all, MiHome app 5.0.19 for android is now available for update. and it says home automation is now support for International!!! any one tried?

I’ve tried this morning but couldn’t add my gateway…

I tried all international servers and wasn’t able to find my gateway. Back to the drawer.

I think Xiaomi is trolling us. I really dont know what to say about this company…
I have now ordered the Amazon echo dot that will arrive in a few days and i also have the Xiaomi gateway with switches for yeelight lamps and i really dont know what to do… change to singapore and not be able to turn on/off my lamps with the switches (and then be killed from my wife) or stay in mainland China and just stare at Amazon echo dot (and then be killed from my wife)? :slight_smile:
Its almost 2018 and still Xiaomi for over a year now cannot add the automation (gateway etc) to other servers than China.
0 customer support (i needed support for mi box and they told me that they dont support international users… but for the fact that i have the international version… who cares right?) and very low useability for their products (whats the use of automation if you cant use it with IFTTT, alexa, google etc?)
I think we (and also Yeelight) did a very bad choice supporting and investing to this company…
I am at the crossroad where i love yeelight (even though not free of bugs) but i actually start to hate Xiaomi and dont know what to do since they “cooperate” only together (in the worse way) if you want to use a physical switch…
And Xiaomi keeps trolling us with new versions for “international users” with no actual changes everytime…
Sorry guys but i am really tired of waiting and waiting and i am afraid i will have to also sacrifice yeelight because of this (hopefully i will find a way not to do so)…

1 个赞

No one can help you here & we are at the same boat as you so stop cursing and whining, I use my Yeelight with Alexa and my other Xiaomi devices within its own ecosystem for now.

All you can do is to use another 3rd party physical button and bind IFTTT with Yeelight or just pay triple price for Hue / LIFX (which you’ll still be using [more likely] another 3rd party switches).

You can say “stop” and give orders to your friends or family, not me. Is that clear? I am a customer of Xiaomi and Yeelight and i am addressing to them not you and i never wanted “your” help in the first place (this is not your forum, it is Yeelight’s forum).
So next time speak only for yourself and not for others.
Nevertheless your response is totally nonsense because IF you had read my post more carefully you would understand that my frustration is with Xiaomi and NOT yeelight on this (the only thing i have “against” Yeelight is that i dont know if they push them enough but i suspect that most probably they cant) BUT i have every right to express this frustration here since it also involves Yeelight (although not Yeelight’s fault). How difficult is for you to understand it?
Learn to read correctly what the other person says before you try to be “smart”.

Just use some open source software. I’m using home assistant and able to control both yeelights and aqara switches and sonoff with my google home

This forum is for Yeelight products and your bumps on this thread is useless, so shut the hell up and you got your answer from Weiwei already, Go terrorize Mi Forum so someone can do anything about it, your opinion is pointless here no one can do anything for god sake grow up.
And how difficult for you to understand that there are no info about it? Keep on checking Singapore server like the rest of us did and stop whining.

Hi Guys,

I will attend a meeting next week to meet Xiao IOT department head, I will bring topic “Sensor supported on Singapore” to him and let him hear the user’s voice. For now, please have some patience and I will keep you guys posted.

Thanks,
Wilson

10 个赞

Thank you WeiWei… Please keep us update. Can help to check when will they implement the gateway and the automation function on Singapore server.

I will ask them.

1 个赞

Well Mike, you got your answer and now you see if my opinion was “pointless”. The fact that you never even read a previous post of mine here that i say that i talked to Xiaomi and posted their answer, shows that you are trying to be smart without even having a spherical view of the whole conversation.
You dont even seem to know that Weiwei himself told “keep an eye on this forum would be a good way to know the sensor’s progress” and told us to wait for a feedback in the past and you probably didnt even follow the discussion about the EU server that it will be “a server that BOTH Yeelight and Xiaomi will use”.
I dont know what the hell is your problem attacking other users for no reason and without even reading and following the discussion first, but as you see sometimes you better think before you talk (or as we say here in Greece, it is better to chew than talk).

@Electronik You are right, i already run homeassistant in a Raspberry Pi2 but Homeassistant and IFTTT are no real solutions, just limited workarounds. Sure for now thats what we got but that has nothing to do with the questions about what is going on with the EU or Singapore server that both yeelight and xiaomi use.
But Thank you anyway.

I know that guys at yeelight are doint their best but as already said Xiaomi has 0 customer support (the always answer with fake preset answers) and yeelight forum is our only gateway to reach to them (yeelight knows it thats why they are giving us feedback about this) but as we see many times Xiaomi makes fool of both us and Yeelight. As for what is this forum for, its for yeelight products that are supposed to cooperate correctly with Xiaomi products (they are even sold as “Xiaomi”) so its only logical to ask for proper operation since this is what the products are bought from. When you are buying “Xiaomi Yeelight Bulb” you dont have to know that “yeelight will work best at singapore but xiaomi not”.
I also need to remind you that in recent Yeelight bedtime lamp there is a “bt gateway” inside for other xiaomi products, this shows the nature of cooperation between the two companies.

Anyway we dont have to say more and keep “fighting” for no reason, lets all wait for Weiwei

@weiwei Thank you weiwei for your answer and we will all be waiting for your feedback next week.