Mi gateway on Singapore server

But they said they would let us know

What thats got to do with what i asked?

1. Yeelight COOPERATES with Xiaomi and using the same servers (regarding Singapore and China) and yeelight already said in the past that there is going to be a European server that both Xiaomi and Yeelight will use, so i am asking whats the deal with this new European server and when they are going to add their products on this server. Is it a strange question? can you explain what “is not Xiaomi” got to do with this question?
  2. Yeelight is not Xiaomi but is part of Xiaomi ecosystem, you operate it within mi home, takes part in automation etc
  3. Yeelight products are sold as XIAOMI even though we all know that they are different companies and i dont see yeelight telling Gearbest or banggood etc “dont do that” they take advantage from this “mess” but when its on their interest then all of a sudden they remember that they are “different companies”. “Xiaomi Mi Yeelight” is the name everywhere so as i already said to someone from yeelight, the buyer doesnt care about the true relation with Xiaomi, when you buy a product that is supposed to belong to an ecosystem, you expect it to work perfectly with it. Plain and simple.

Anyway i really dont understand your statement regarding my question. Its tottaly irrelevant and as we say here in Greece, i dont think that Yeelight has a need for “lawyers”.

1 个赞

MiHome app is currently developed by Xiaomi. You should ask about the app, servers and automation in the Xiaomi forums if you need the staff replying your posts. Some staff members here may have information about this but if you need a direct and official answer then you should complain in the correct forums.

What part of "yeelight already said in the past that there is going to be a European server that both Xiaomi and Yeelight will use, so i am asking whats the deal with this new European server and when they are going to add their products on this server" you did not understand?
I repeat, i dont understand what is your problem with my question and why you keep involving Xiaomi on this.

Anyway i think yeelight stuff can speak for themselves and i really dont need directions from another user on what i should ask and where.
Thank you.

To make it simpler:

MiHome app, MiHome servers, automation and everything else related to MiHome is managed and supported by Xiaomi.

There is no need to argue about that.

You probably dont even read what i am writing and what i am asking so indeed there is no argue because i really dont care about mi home and what is managed from Xiaomi or not, some servers are NOT only for Mi Home, are for yeelight too and i am asking Yeelight for their schedule about this server and NOT Xiaomi, stop telling me about Xiaomi already!! (you really dont even seem to try to understand this no matter how many times i am telling you… its like a broken record that repeats the same thing again and again…). As i said, yeelight can speak for themselves.

The server that you are expecting to be up is managed by Xiaomi.

damn… THE SERVER IS ALREADY UP and i am asking when YEELIGHT is going to add products to IT!!!
Plain English!!
What is wrong with you?..

What you see in MiHome app (Europe server) may not be the final solution for Europe users, Yeelight will wait for the final solution and support all products on that server. We will keep you posted on this and let you know when it will be ready.

2 个赞

So its still in a testing face from what i understand?
Ok thank you Weiwei, will wait for your feedback when you have more information about it.
I am glad that you confirm that you will support all products on this server when it is finalized.
The only question is, the support also means IFTTT, alexa etc?

(you see miguelmezar? that was an actual helpful feedback and thats why i said “yeelight can speak for themselves”)

All servers except China will support Alexa/IFTTT/GoogleHome. For China server, Xiaomi has its own voice control device named Xiao AI, works just as Alexa.

1 个赞

Ok i undestand the policy about China. So what we are waiting for is for both Xiaomi and Yeelight to fully support the Europe server in order for this mess to end.
Thanks for the feedback.

1 个赞

Good news, hope it arrived soon

Hey guys! I just tested the Singapore server. As many people stated everything is found in the app: sensors, lights, vacuum, smart sockets and so on and I can control my lights with Google assistant.

Big problem: gateway can’t be opened and there’s no automation settings so everything is useless because I can’t control lights with the switches :frowning:

I’ll keep you updated!

Speaking of servers, would it be to big of a problem to just migrate user from one server to another?? If you are on 1 server, just copy user and settings to another one? This can’t be that difficult! This way we have to delete all our devices and restart configuartion all over again…

DB migration is being developed, it’s not that simple from technical perspective as well as privacy policy perspective.

2 个赞

The ideal way IMHO would be, when the user chooses to change server in the app, if there is a configuration (automation etc) in the original server, ask to move it to the new server. That way there is no privacy problem. If there is too much strain in the server, it could be queued an inform the user the change would be performed next day or whatever.

the best solution would be, that there would be a possibility to setup a private/local server with the option to update, if necessary.

but this will be a dream, I think…

When is automation devices being moved over?

What kind of privacy policy you talking about? Iam login in with the same credentials to all the servers. Same login same password so one/same Account. I got a brand new phone with a brand new Mi Home app installation, and all the device, automation, scenes etc. came with my account. Why it is not moving from server to server. I understand that before it was blocked, but now when singapore server is supporting all the devices… It is only matter of unblocking this option, easy like 1 2 3, and almost workless.