Mi gateway on Singapore server

They said in their last email about 2+ weeks ago that they are “currently working on this issue”, maybe we are lucky enough and they said the truth, but still keep a small basket since gateway appeared on singapore server again in the past and then dissapeared, so i wont be surprised if again nothing happens.

Unfortunately, we can do nothing to help for this case on Yeelight side.

You are right, it is a Xiaomi issue. I have had very good experience with the yeelight support.
Does anyone have a thread concerning this topic in a Xiaomi forum?

Thanks for your understanding!

I have not try to add the gateway on the Singapore server yet. Let me find time over the weekend and test it with my spare gateway. Too risky to reset everything and move over…

Wait guys, are you saying that Xiaomi Gateway works on Singapore server?? :thinking:
As far I know, the GW works only on Mainland China server, has something changed?

Oh yes I see all the devices including the Gateway on Singapore server, can you get back to us if you can make them work on Singapore server?

Its back on the list, not sure if its working nobody has tried it yet

I know you cant do anything and that its not your fault, thats why we are trying our best to push Xiaomi directly to solve this.
I dont have any complaints from Yeelight’s support and i know that WeiWei did his best in the past to pass our concerns to Xiaomi.
I also know that we are taking advantage ot your forum and discussing about this (hope you dont mind) BUT If this is solved you understand that this will also benefit Yeelight in many ways :slight_smile:
Lets hope this ends well this time for all of us!

In the past, for a few days we could see the gateway in the list (after clearing cache on Mi home app) but we couldnt add it. Lets hope this time things are different.

I just logged in to Singapore server (i am not at home and wont be able to try this before weekend) and indeed i can see the gateway there (a few hours ago it didnt exist on the list) and not only the gateway is on the list but i can find in devices my gateway as offline (i had added my gateway the last time that gateway existed in the list although not working back then) so it even kept my previous addition.

Kinda fishy though they probably push a firmware update to all of these devices if they ever support singapore server, I could try now but the thought of resetting everything if it didn’t work kinda make me reconsider on doing it. i think i should try with my xiaomi IR blaster first before the gateway

If someone only has the gateway with a couple of devices he would do us a big favor if he try this and give us feedback, because me with the gateway, 15 sensors and switches an ip camera and 9 yeelight lamps it would be a disaster if i dedicate a day to add them to Singapore only to find out that they are not working properly :stuck_out_tongue:

Why can’t I see all the devices? I even use a new username with no previous devices added. Already clear the cache.

I be willing to test things out as I have two gateways

I did, can confirm that it couldn’t initialize device, I’m using Mijia AC Companion Gateway, too bad, I was really excited.

You can rebind them back to the Chinese Server without losing any sensors/ automation/ scenes, it saves all the cache for that device.

Party’s over boys, lets get back to work.

I just tried and could not find the gateway.
I am using the Mi Home App Version 5.1.16 on android 8.0.0 and cleared the cache before trying.
I am connected to the Singapore Server. Wheter does it find the gateway by scan nor is it listed in the items for manual adding.

If I connect to china mainland server the Gateway is found by the scan.

Yeap i can confirm that the devices dissapeared from Singapore server… its what happened about 3 months ago all over again

I gues the only (however philosophical) question is, if this indicates that they are working on the issue or if this is just part of stall-game.

On my Mi Pad 3 and last Mi home 5.1.18 connected to Singapore server, I can add the gateway and I see the sensors… But on Huawei P9 with same app version and mi account, I can only see bulbs. Furthermore on mi pad, I cannot enter into the gateway ‘’ couldn’t acces’’ error.

I decided to test the integration of Tasker (with the Auto Voice plugin) + Google Assistent with shortcuts, and I am very satisfied! It works perfectly, practically without lag.
I configured several commands, Turn off lights, turn on, set scenes, etc.
I see no reason to be stressed waiting for an official integration by Xiaomi on the Mainland server.

Has anyone tried the Russian server instead of Singapore?

@kubikub said he could see all the devices there as well.

If it works it might still be a better alternative then China servers? I would try it but I have over 50 devices and don’t want to risk loosing them in the process :frowning: