Mi gateway on Singapore server

Dashes are hard to get in some countries, also you need Amazon prime subscription, and if you get to trial it is a problem to sign off :slight_smile: Also, the reaction time is up to 10 seconds…

I have made many amazon accounts in the past just so I could save money on delivery and get the one-day delivery, amazon music, and prime video. I signed up for Prime on all the accounts and canceled the subscription 2-3 days before the free trial ended. The best thing is that on Prime Day, the dash buttons go on sale for $0.99 Personally the dash buttons for me haven’t been too slow, about 3-5 seconds, which may be slow for other people, but I don’t mind.

If you are experiencing issues with Amazon dash being too slow, check out this

I’m following your text, just stucked on the send expect script (I’m totally noob), I’m googling it trying to find out
Thanks

It is pretty simple, you just send the Yeelight commands, and make sure you end them with \r\n

1 个赞

Have you tried tasker’s plugin AutoVoice, instead of IFTTT and AutoNotification?

I don’t have that one :slight_smile:

I was so excited reading the thread title, but damn… I realized that Gateway still not be used with Singapore server. I’ll keep that server to continue using Google Home, hoping Xiaomi listen to us. In the mean time I’ll subribe to the thread. Thank you guys for your tests.

Anyone notice with every Mi Home update they translated more & more devices settings to English (previously is in chinese)? I hope this means a progress on their side for this server transition.

On the other note I’ve seen Yeelight Switches & Body Sensor on an old CES 2017 videos on Youtube, what happened to it? Sorry if this already being asked before.

I think the solution it would be easier if someone make a plugin. For example I have broadlink products and there’s a dude he made a plugin called rm plugin its a tasker plugin. You install that. Don’t need to have tasker installed. And it supports Alexa. The broadlink app it doesn’t support Alexa or Google or anything. The dude made this plugin and I can use all my broadlink devices with Alexa. If someone make something like that for xiaomi it would solve m the problems.

I think the solution it would be easier if someone make a plugin. For example I have broadlink products and there’s a dude he made a plugin called rm plugin its a tasker plugin. You install that. Don’t need to have tasker installed. And it supports Alexa. The broadlink app it doesn’t support Alexa or Google or anything. The dude made this plugin and I can use all my broadlink devices with Alexa. If someone make something like that for xiaomi it would solve m the problems

I’m a fucking Idiot I bought gateway and many buttons, door sensor + cubes for 60 euros

And this will be not working with google home and singapore : ( so stupid I am…

Maybe I will chose buttons and gateway… I dont use my google home mini much…

I really don’t understand what all the fuss is about with Google home, can’t really imagine talking to turn the lights on/off… this is so lame, like 1970’s films… just a gimmick actually…

guys you need to relax a bit with the whole Singapore server.

you are actually bitching because you can’t talk to your alexa or google home so that you can turn your lights on or off?
because seriously… if they fix that stupid issue… the only thing that you will be able to do is that. turn lights on or off.

Soranamida you said that you bought “many buttons” which means that you were planning on using them if not then you wouldn’t buy the buttons… you would use your voice. people are “hard-wired” to use switches. it is something that we have been doing for more than 200 years. if you really need to use your voice… use homeassistant or openhab.
also… if you think that 60 euros is a lot for making your home a bit “smart” then you should stay off this game now and i am not judging your wealth. i am just stating facts.

try to use motion sensors… they make A LOT MORE sense than say “hey google, turn my living room lights on”

1 个赞

man 60 € for the buttons and else, I will use them instead of my google home mini but my google home mini have 0 utility now :frowning:

and I’m a disabled person, google home is nice sometimes for me, but I will use motions sensor, or maybe I can use my camera xiaomi ?

Soranamida, I have the same issue with you.
Just to share with you, I have 2 smart home systems.
First: Automation. This can be done using MiHome with all the sensors.
Second: Voice control. I focus on affordable system: Sonoff with WiFi and RF433. RF433 is extremely good, which I can buy a lot of cheap smart home appliance. Most importantly, it works even when there is no WiFi.

Not only turn on or off. Change color, change intensity, activate scene, and so on… Without remotes, switches, or mobile phone. Obliviuosly Alexa/Google is more than a voice switcher…

You’re right, but with this mentality we should still use wax candles :roll_eyes:
Voice command is just a little bit ahead. I don’t see any reason to use ONLY wireless switch, I can continue to use the classic wall switches. Instead, a combination with Alexa/Google and newly switches could be the real step ahead.

Just my 2 cents!

hello mokchuzhzen, tell me more about your configuration i’m newbie : ( do you have yeelght bulb ? I have only wireless switchs I want to use the yeelight bulb colors, . it is possible ?

the sonoff solution use google home voice control ?

thank you man !

After many emails for about a month now and after i made sure that i explained the situation and noted this thread to them (had to bypass all the automated answers and insist very hard), today a few hours ago my ticket was finally escalated to the “Xiaomi escalation team”… i will really try to find out what is happening with the Singapore server or what are the plans with the EU server that SHOULD be ready (it is up and running many weeks now but neither Xiaomi nor Yeelight support it fully). I suggest that other people too, try to open similar tickets to Xiaomi global support for them to see that many people are having the same issue.
I dont expect much (actually i dont expect anything), probably another automated answer will come soon and i will insist for a real answer one more time but at least even if they answer that Singapore server will never have the gateway supported and that the EU server is going to be ready in a year, it will be better than not knowing anything.

Funny thing is that for the last 1 hour when i log in to the singapore server (either plain singapore or US singapore) i am getting the message “UPDATE AVAILABLE” prompting me to login to the US server (not singapore one) that “supplies more devices”… when i do so, i find out that it has only 5-6 devices in there (1/5 than the singapore server)… what can i say about Xiaomi…

1 个赞

stormdreamer I/we appreciated your feedback and I’ll wait for good news (I hope), but:

I believe we can say nothing to Xiaomi. Just remember that we’re purchasing items specifically produced for chinese people, and they don’t sell outside China. Ok, maybe we can complain them for poor customer service, but, again, customer service/support is only for chinese people.
I hope they can reply you at least with an ETA for Singapore server support. Anyway, thank you again for trying! :slight_smile:

“produced for chinese people” really now? So the “international version” they are selling to every product is for “Chinese people”? They have the US Server, the EU server etc for Chinese people? They have english settings to the gateway and to every sensor for Chinese people? In my country they have an OFFICIALLY CERTIFIED reseller of their products because what? i am Chinese? Come on, you know thats just nonsense that Xiaomi repeats in order to avoid support!!.. lets dont repeat ourselves the nonsence from Xiaomi…

When i bought the INTERNATIONAL version of the Mi Box that was sold OFFICIALLY here in Greece from their certified reseller, i needed to ask just a question and Xiaomi answered back then with an automated answer that they dont sell their products outside China (although they do and they have resellers to some countries!). Is a shame to repeat such a lie ourselves. They give this answer to EVERYTHING you are going to ask but hey… their email is "Xiaomi Global Email Support " with the address service.global@xiaomi.com … got it? Global…but only if they avoid answering questions or if they dont give support that will cost them.