Mi gateway on Singapore server

Well Mike, you got your answer and now you see if my opinion was “pointless”. The fact that you never even read a previous post of mine here that i say that i talked to Xiaomi and posted their answer, shows that you are trying to be smart without even having a spherical view of the whole conversation.
You dont even seem to know that Weiwei himself told “keep an eye on this forum would be a good way to know the sensor’s progress” and told us to wait for a feedback in the past and you probably didnt even follow the discussion about the EU server that it will be “a server that BOTH Yeelight and Xiaomi will use”.
I dont know what the hell is your problem attacking other users for no reason and without even reading and following the discussion first, but as you see sometimes you better think before you talk (or as we say here in Greece, it is better to chew than talk).

@Electronik You are right, i already run homeassistant in a Raspberry Pi2 but Homeassistant and IFTTT are no real solutions, just limited workarounds. Sure for now thats what we got but that has nothing to do with the questions about what is going on with the EU or Singapore server that both yeelight and xiaomi use.
But Thank you anyway.

I know that guys at yeelight are doint their best but as already said Xiaomi has 0 customer support (the always answer with fake preset answers) and yeelight forum is our only gateway to reach to them (yeelight knows it thats why they are giving us feedback about this) but as we see many times Xiaomi makes fool of both us and Yeelight. As for what is this forum for, its for yeelight products that are supposed to cooperate correctly with Xiaomi products (they are even sold as “Xiaomi”) so its only logical to ask for proper operation since this is what the products are bought from. When you are buying “Xiaomi Yeelight Bulb” you dont have to know that “yeelight will work best at singapore but xiaomi not”.
I also need to remind you that in recent Yeelight bedtime lamp there is a “bt gateway” inside for other xiaomi products, this shows the nature of cooperation between the two companies.

Anyway we dont have to say more and keep “fighting” for no reason, lets all wait for Weiwei

@weiwei Thank you weiwei for your answer and we will all be waiting for your feedback next week.

Is the new bedside lamp version 2 going to work as a Bluetooth gateway for all Xiaomi Bluetooth device? I have the version 1 bedside lamp that only have Bluetooth.

If I get the version 2 bedside lamp does it means that I can connect the version 1 lamp to the gateway and use automation to control it.

How about Xiaomi electric kettle that only have Bluetooth. Can it connect to the Bluetooth gateway?

Anyone have any idea?

I have the same question. This is a kind of off-topic but we have a good question here. Mr. @weiwei can you please take a look on this?

The new bedside lamp (WiFi & BLE) combo version only supports latest Mijia Bluetooth device. As far as I know, it can only work with Humidity sensor (Bluetooth version) and Loock (Smart Door Lock).

All the bluetooth devices released before this bedside lamp needs a firmware upgrade to work with the new lamp.

Bedside Lamp version 1 is too old and the BLE chip can’t support the new protocol, so the answer is NO, it can’t work with version 2.

Hello there!

Thanks a lot for bringing this subject up during a Xiaomi meeting.
Any news since?

Thanks

Back from the meeting and following are the responses:

1. Regarding other Xiaomi devices (e.g. gateway) supported on Singapore/US server, there is no detailed plan yet.
  2. Regarding EU server, will be deployed in Q1 2018 to support all EU users.
  3. There will also be a RU server to support Russian users.
  4. Homekit will be considered on new products as well as old products (through soft auth), not guaranteed since it depends on Apple.
5 个赞

The multifunction gateway will be deployed to Europe server? Can Alexa be contacted to the Europe server to control Yeelight?

So if Xiaomi Gateway finally available on the Singapore Server that means we can finally use the GPS tracking as an automation rules?

Either way I’m excited on whats coming, thanks for the updates!

So there will be no support for the Gateway on Singapore server?
This is very bad news, as there is no way to use the gateway with Google home. We can only to choose one of them…

1 个赞

guys is there any reason that the Europe server won’t support Google home?
there is not. of course since no one seems to be able to keep up with the schedule… you can expect these things by the end of 2018… (like the V2 rgb bulb)

the responses were funny though… they sounded like…

• we have no idea when the Singapore server will be ready… (funny thing is that it can be done in a week…)
  • EU server will be deployed in 3 months… (haha sure it will. rumors say that they will introduce products like EU plugs too…)
  • RU server will be deployed at some point since it seems that Russians are 80% of the people who are really trying to create videos about our products on Youtube.
  • We hope that apple will approve our products officially or at least … consider them.

Aqara has new gateway in pipeline. Maybe, just maybe, this might support Homekit.
https://youtu.be/KU-yqT5ipx0?t=2m13s

hi the international gateway is a different version so far it does not support alexa or google

how do you know it’s an international version?

Cos I am using a beta set

Any updates on supporting Gateway (plus other sensors) by other than chineese server? What about localization support too? Thx

Guys,

Can’t find the answer…

Is there a wat to use yeelight with google home but still have some automtion with the gateway ? Looks like it’s one or the other but not both …

Many thanks,
C

1 个赞

Thats what we are all waiting for… my amazon echo arrived today and now i have to deside either to use alexa or to use automation because Xiaomi cant do the simple thing to add the sensors and gateway to Singapore server… its really unbelievable… their answer about “no detailed plan yet” (after a year of waiting for this? really now?) is just ridiculous… but neither us or Yeelight can do anything more than pushing Xiaomi to fix this (although it seems that Xiaomi just dont care about international users)…

Maybe Yeelight should finally seek another solution for a physical wireless switch/button for its lights (maybe built one for itself) although that would probably require another gateway.

I need to ask WEIWEI something that it was probably asked before… Now that i have the amazon echo and since i want to use automation for most of my lights, is there a way to have most of my lamps to China server and only 2-3 of them (the ones i need to control with alexa) to singapore server? how would this be possible? i would like to use Yeelight app to control my lights without having to change servers all the time, but connection to server is per login not per lamp. Is there any workaround just to do this?

I think you have to use Yeelight app for Singapore and Mi Home for China server.

Short answer is Yes but it depends what are you trying to do.

I have most of my bulbs on Singapore, and only 2 on Mainland China server. I’m using same account for both. The one on mainland work with my gateway and accessories.

Ok… can you give the long answer? :slight_smile:
As i said, i want all my lights to be in China server because of the automation except 3 of them (in a group in my living room where amazon echo is going to be) to change to Singapore in order for alexa to work with them (and sadly stop using automation for them and physical buttons…)
I imagined that one solution would be to use mi home for china and yeelight for singapore but as i said i want to use yeelight app to control my lights (and i have many… in total 8 lamps around the house). I imagine that another solution would be to use a different phone/tablet but that wont be ideal either… if somehow two instances of yeelight app (different versions? beta and stable? something…) could run on the same phone maybe that would be a workaround… ideally yeelight could provide a workaround on this but this would require a redesign of the app.