Connecting Yeelight RGBW to IFTTT

Yeelight android app has took timezone schedules in. You don’t need to set time 5 hours ahead while you set the times, your local time is ok.

Hi, I am trying to connect to IFTTT, I have already changed the server to Singapore, and have the latest APK. However, I cannot see my lamp in IFTTT, it keeps showing “Option unavailable”. How can I solve this?

Thanks

Did you reset and re-connect your bulb to Singapore server? You need to make sure you can control your bulb in your App after your switch local to Singapore.
If it’s still not working, please disconnect from Yeelight service and re-connect it in IFTTT.

Thank you for your reply Weiwei.
The lamp has been reset, before switching to Singapore server. I also disconnected the yeelight service multiple times in IFTTT, but I am still getting the option unavailable error. I will keep trying to solve it, and will update if I find the solution.

Same problem here: Can’t integrate Yeelight RGB strips with IFTTT. Getting the same “Option unavailable”.

Please fix. Thanks.

Have you reconnected your strip to Singapore server?

Just tried: on the Singapore server I can’t connect strip to the account (it unable to see it, even I performed strip reset and it blinking by orange led on the control block)

Please use Yeelight app instead of MiHome to connect LED strip. Wait for a while after you see the yellow LED is blinking.

Yes! Using Yeelight app I was able to connect strips to the Singapore server. And now IFTTT is able to see them.

Thanks!

Update: Seems to be IFTTT applets are a bit wrong or broken:

1. Change color is offering to select scene, but not a color
  2. Change scene saying old “Option unavailable”

This is a bit confusing. The scene in IFTTT applet is created by Yeelight app through scene management. The set_color loads your favorite and recommend color (which is also called ‘scene’ previously). We will change this.

I changed the Mi Home App from Mainland China to the Singapore Server and now I get a whole different Layout in the app. There are only two tabs “My Devices” and “Profile” and all the advanced features like grouping and switching more than one light at a time are gone.

I wanted to switch off all lights with one Voice Command/Tap in the App, but that does not seem to be possible with the Singapore Server…also I have a Mi Robot Vacuum and a Rice cooker. Are they supported in the Singapore version? I heard it works only for Chinese server which is why I switched to that originally.

Is there a solution for this? Like using the dedicated Yeelight app with the Singapore Server and keeping the Mi Home App on Mainland China?

I am looking forward to receive a invite to the Amazon Echo Skill Beta too. Maybe that works with the chinese server and I can get my features back.

Both IFTTT and Echo are only available for Singapore server. This is because China mainland server is very very slow when using IFTTT and Echo. Per our experiences, it is almost unacceptable. Another point is that there is very few Chinese users know or use IFTTT and Echo.
Other Xiaomi product is also able to connect to Singapore server, but they are not working on that yet. I believe as the global user grows, they will consider add the support.

Oh okay, thats good to know. Is it possible to go around this by changing MiHome back to chinese and staying on Singapore with the Yeelight app? I would only connect my other xiaomi devices to the MiHome App and let the Lights only be connected to the Yeelight app.

It’s not about App, it’s actually about which server the devices connect to. If you connect your device to Singapore, you will not able to see it in your device list no matter which app you use if your app is using China mainland server.

May I ask what is the right procedure to connect to the Singapore server to run IFTTT?
First select the server and then I reset the bulb or the opposite?
You can write all the correct steps to avoid malfunction?
Finally, if you wanted to then return to China Mainland server just repeat the above steps?
Thanks in advance for your response.

Hi,
got same thing. Everything works nicely on Mainland China server. Got cameras, MiWiFi router, etc…
no point to changing everything back to Singapore only for the Yeelight Led Stripe

My Solution

1. I’ve created 2nd Mi account in the MiHome app, selected locale Singapore.
  2. Then I’ve reset the led stripe and connected it to this new account with the Yeelight app to on my phone.
  3. Then I logged back in on MiHome with my Mainland China account. My devices are back in the MiHome list.
    I cannot see the Led stripe in the MiHome app.
    I control the Yeelight led strip only via the Yeelight app.
  4. In the IFTTT I’ve associated the Yeelight with my 2nd (Singapore) account.
  • The Led stripe is now there and works with my google assistant for voice activation.
    Problem solved.

Cheers
Tomas

@tomas.bezak thanks Thomas

i’ll try it out. i didn’t know you can connect device to 2 different accounts.
i have got few xiaomi accessories but they are using China locale.

You cannot connect one device to two accounts.
I wrote that I have yeelights only on 2nd account (set for Singapore) and everything else in mi home in first main (mainland China) account.
I don’t see the yeelights on my first account.
For the second account you should have also second email.

oh ok, i misunderstood.
I tried this earlier but as I suspected it didn’t work. You don’t need 2 accounts for that, I’ve my bulbs on Singapore locale via yeelight app, and other products on China locale via Mi app.

Looks like if I have China locale, and I share my device with someone (my other account) with Singapore locale, it doesn’t work. Sharing only works within same locale from that I gathered.

I only moved 1 of my bulbs to China locale, and I didn’t experience any latency. As I’ve other sensors, I might move my bulbs to China locale.

edison,

when you moved your bulbs to China locale, does the IFTTT work for your bulbs?