Connecting Yeelight RGBW to IFTTT

IFTTT only supports devices that are connected to Singapore.

1 个赞

Thomas, yeah, IFTTT doesn’t work.

MI app has basic albeit better automation than Homekit. IFTTT would be great if it work across entire ecosystem. Bulbs actually works really great with automation. The only issue is the timing, I have to do -2hrs because default time zone for gateway is set to China.

I’m in Australia, and I haven’t noticed any latency with China server.

hi today (all day) i cant connect to Singapore server (yeelight app and mi home app) but with China mainland these apps work good (recognize bulbs ect). Because of IFTTT that works only with Singapore i need it.
Do you have any solutions? yesterday worked fine without problems.
Yeelight RGBW bulb

You need to reset the bulb firstly, then switch your locale to Singapore in the App and reconnect your bulb.

yes i did it yesterday and today i tried it again but always the same result (at 90% connection timed out).
Bulbs are in my modem DHCP clients list, work good on china mainland server (but not on Singapore )

When i put on China (mi home & yeelight apps) i can connect they to mi home and when i open yeelight app and bulbs appear in app, but when i connect mi home app to China and yeelight app to Singapore i can connect they to mi home but bulbs dont appear on yeelight app: and when i use Singapore in both apps , in mi home app i always have “connection timed out”.
Im from Europe.

Could you confirm you have done following procedures:

1. Reset the bulb.
  2. Switch to Singapore server in Yeelight app.
  3. Use Yeelight app to add the device.

[SOLVED] But i tried this method:

1. Home WIFI should be turned on 2.4 GHz WiFi IEEE 802.11 b/g/n ( not 5 GHz !!! )
  2. Switch Mi Home and Yeelight app to Singapore server (login)
  3. Close these apps (swipe left on android devices)
  4. Connect your smartphone to your home Wifi
  5. Turn on your Yeelight Bulb and reset it ( 5 times. turn off/on )
  6. open your wifi setting on smartphone , there you will see all wifi networks near you and something like that “yeelight-light-color1_xxxxxx”. Choose that “yeelight…” and connect it to your smartphone.
  7. Then reconnect your phone to your home wifi.
  8. Open Mi Home app and “add new device” (connection to your home wifi,then click NEXT and " voilà:) "). That’s all. When you open your Yeelight app there will appear your bulbs
    P.S. if there appear “connection timed out” try it again but you must forget the bulb (disconnect it from your smartphone , in smartphones wifi setting )

So then i was able to use bulbs over IFTTT

Actually @fester i did that, and I also logged off both apps and it finally worked !! Well that and in addition my kif was sick so I started this procedure, went to the loggof, then I cleaned vomit and stuff and came back at it hours later…I also had the connection Time Out thing ans went throught it

Didn’t read the entire tread, but if there are some of you still looking for a way to connect Google Assistant and Yeelight there is actually a really simple way.

• Install IFTTT on your Android phone (register if you don’t have an account)
  • On your Yeelight app setup a custom scene with how many devices you want (keep in mind that, with this setup it will turn on all the lights attached to the scene).
  • On IFTTT app add IF > Google Assistant (this is what you are going to say to Google to turn the lights on)
  • On IFTTT app THAT > Yeelight set scene to your custom scene that you created.

See the video attached for demo
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9QsJmeIZv0xY0VFbW4wOTlSTFk/view?usp=sharing

But can it be fixed to include our device groups instead of just individual lights? Right now when I ask Google Assistant to toggle lights, I have to pick one of the two bulbs in my room. It won’t allow me to pick more than one at a time. And I would like both bulbs in my room to work together.

@Bjoernblech You can see in video that I attached that i turn on 3 bulbs and 1 light strip at the same time. Just follow the “instructions” that I wrote couple days ago.

The catch is that it doesn’t work with groups (as far as I know) but you can trick it to work with a group by setting a custom scene to all the bulbs that you want to use.

If you have problems with setting things up let me know maybe I can help you.

Hi,
when i’m using the singapore server on Yeelight app i can not share the bulb with other users(i don’t live alone (:slight_smile:
is there a way to share bulb on the Yelight app?

OK Google…Sexy time! :joy:

We have been working on Yeelight 3.0, device sharing will be supported.

:rofl:

Hi! i’m a new user, and currently controling my lamps via google assistant (actually, it’s google home emulation, running on Ubuntu) and IFTTT, are you planning to add flow and music flow to IFTTT actions? It would be really cool!

Yes, custom flow will be added to custom scene. Then you can activate it via google home or alexa.

Hello!
I spent two days setting up IFTTT for Yeelight.
The information here was useful.
The Do button applets worked, but the schedule did not start on schedule, even when I switched to the Singapore server.
The next day I accidentally found out that the applets are running on schedule 1 hour earlier. That is, if you schedule at 11:00, it will start at 10:00. Knowing this feature, I was able to configure the launch on a schedule. I’m in St. Petersburg, Russia (it is GMT+3). Perhaps it will be useful for someone.

I can´t create the scene on yeelight app. I received the message: failed to save.

In which step did your failed? and what’s your server?