Collecting Echo & IFTTT feedback

Some UK and Germany users encountered the same issue, some of them finally got this problem solved by multiple enable/disable and discovery, some of them still suffer from it.
I once debugged this problem lively with a UK user, after he switched to US account, he can find the bulb easily, but once he switched back to Amazon UK, he can’t see any device. The log on our side shows no discovery request is being sent to us, so we concluded that the issue is caused by Amazon side and we assumed the problem will be solved after the skill is officially published.

The certification procedure is very complex and time consuming (also very costly :tired_face:), we failed some test cases at the first try and is now refining our firmware as well as software to meet the test criteria.

So for now, please use IFTTT + Echo as a workaround, wait for our further news.

1 个赞

Thanks a lot! We are also very happy there are so many great Yeelight users like our products. We will keep improving our products and user experiences.

1 个赞

Hi Yeelight community,

today I try to implement the yeelight to my Alexa / Echo dot .

Im from Germany an my yeelight ifrastructure are 4 (currently 3 working) rgbw led lights.
I finally got it working the way i describe beneath:

download yeelight app from playstore ver. 2.3.09
select singapore server
login with mi account
unbind all devices
rebind all devices
firmware update of all bulbs to ver. 1.4.1_45
rename the devices (for german useres do not use “Kugel” as a name, because Alexa always think its “google” :wink:
create scenes like “movie” or “daylight” under scene management in the yeelight app
try scene in yeelight app - should be working

delete brower cache for cookies etc.
click link in email of the develeopers
login amazon acocunt - get an error
click link again
login mi account

alexa app:
yeelight skill now available
search devices: nothing happens
click on yeelight skill
relogin with mi account
search devices

Thats it!
Seems to work quit well, already try “turn on movie” and “turn on daylight”, all other things can be added in alexa or yeelight app, different scenes and “everything off” can be added in alexa app for group devices.

Hope this will help some of you.
Feel free to ask me a question, i will answer ASAP.

Regards,

rgentleman

1 个赞

Thank you, worked well with the relog in alexa app :slight_smile:

Yes it seems to update the devices if you re-login in the alexa yeelight skil. After this first re-login the update is instantly if you change anything in the yeelight app,e.g. names or scenes. Simply search for new devices in alexa app.Maybe the reason is the error with the email link which normally route you directly from amazon login to mi login. Maybe depends on the browser you use. Re-login seens to solve this issue.

Thank you man! That worked. :slight_smile:

Pairing with echo dot working fine and got the beta info right after sending the email thanks a lot x)

Dear Wilson,

1st of all: Many thanks to you and your team, your’re making a great job!

I’m using Yeelight since about 1 year now, starting with the bedside lamp. Today I have additonal two bulbs, a MIHome including several devices and a light strip. Thanks to IFTTT-support, I can manage some of my yeelights through Alexa. IFTTT works quite fine, I’m still experimenting with some scenes. Actually, I’m waiting for the beta skill to control Alexa directly - and I hope for some kind of MiHome integration in the near future.

I have some questions you might have an answer for:

1. I would like to command alexa to set the alarm using the sunrise scene of my yeelight devices. The scene is already available, but is it also possible to create a voice command to set the time? If not, is there a possibility to switch the (in the yeelight app already programmed alarm on and off? Unfortunately, this useful feature isn’t even available for the dot or the cube, a must have, imho…

2. I would appreciate a scene that activates the music mode of the RGB-bulb. You have an idea how to realize it?

3. A direct control of brightness and color change (working like the already existing routine of the cube/ the dot) would be nice

Many thanks in advance

Birdy

Hi Birdy,

First of all, thanks for choosing Yeelight! Regarding your three questions, please find my answer.

1. Alexa smart skill only provides on, off, dim, brighten and set commands, we actually can’t get any request from user other than these commands. So set sunrise timer through Alexa, no. If you are using IFTTT, you can disable the applet to on/off the sunrise/sunset.
  2. Music mode is a bit complex. We will consider it.
  3. I don’t quite understand this request. For IFTTT, it’s already there, for Alexa, you can use set xx to xx percentage command for brightness. For color, no, Alexa doesn’t provide that interface.

How all of you find Yeelight skill on amazone echo?!

i do not find it on list…

Thanks!

MP

@mp3: Have a look at the call for beta users, see Call for beta users for IFTTT and Echo

@ Wilson: Thank you!

1. The on/off option with IFTTT might work. I’ll check that
  2. Great, I’m looking forward to this.
  3. I made a couple of tests and it seems to work fine - mostly. Sometimes, it just turns off when you tell alexa to dimm to 50 or whatever percent. I don’nt know if this relates to understanding problems or if there’s still a small bug inside, since alexa always responds with “OK”.

I still have problems with the alexa skill and the “scene” feature. When I tell alexa to discover devices, the app finds two scenes, “good morning” and “good night”. However, I don’t find these scenes in my yeelight app - and new scenes programmed in the app won*t be found by the discover devices search(?) So this might be the reason why “Set scene” doesn’t work? BTW @rgentleman: How do you spell your commands to set a scene in german, using the alexa skill (not IFTTT)?

However, I’m gonna run some experiments with IFTTT today. Already ordered some more lights 8)

OK, a short feedback how to use IFTTT to add wakeuplight to Echo alarm:

• Goto IFTTT, create a new applet, choose alexa
  • choose the “your alarm goes off” trigger option
  • add yeelight option “set scene”
  • choose the right scene
  • save the new applet

During this process, I realized the origin of the “Good Morning” and “Good Night” scenes, appearing in the alexa app. I created them once as a test in my yeelight app (choose the option button in the upper right corner -> Scene Management). To finish the idea of creating an alexa controlled wakeup-light alarm, we have to add the standard sunrise scene of our yeelight app (you can choose the scenes by pushing the star button in the main menu of your lamp). I have no idea how to do this, since for scene programming, only “hue”, “white” and “flow” seems to work, I can’t choose an already programmed scene :frowning:

You have an idea how to fix this, Wilson?

Update: Creating Scenes with the yeelight scene management works great, now I can switch to any scene, including different colours and flows. The only problem is that alexa has problems with the names, so you might have to try some different version until it works.

The code for a scene change in german is “Alexa, schalte [scenename]” btw :wink:

Now the only open issue is to make the sunrise scene available scene in the alexa skill…

Update II: Got it. Use the “change colour” instead of the “set scene” option -> sunrise 8)

naturally, this works the other way around using timer and sunset (you might switch volume down to zero)

THIS IS AWESOME!

The next App release will contain the advanced scene management and can implement what you want, so please wait a while and let us finish our vacation :slight_smile:

Thank you Wilson, looking forward to this.
Enjoy your vacation :slight_smile:

How long do you think the Amazon Echo Skill will remain in Beta? I know one Colleague of mine would like to try it, but he cannot register for the beta Version somehow.

hello, is it still possible to get access to the beta programme for the echo skill? if so, what can i do to become a beta tester? thanks a lot

Hi @weiwei :slight_smile:
I’m using 3 RGBW Bulbs in Germany connected to Alexa, all is working fine and I realy like the bulbs, thank you for your great Work!!!
But I’ve two problems:

1. I haven’t found a way to dim all three bulbs at the same time (In Alexa I can’t find created groups, only the
    bulbs and scenes)
  2. If I change the scene or on/of state over the app or alexa it won’t actualize in the app till I refresh multiple
    times manually, so sometimes I can’t turn on the lights because the app thinks they are allready on.

Thank you very much!

Hi Saenta,

1. I can see group option in Alexa app, see following picture.

2. The state syncing should be working, sometimes may have some delay. We will have a test on Monday.

-Wilson

Hey
I’m currently in Germany. I have been using yeelight products for a while, further I’ve got products from xiaomi so that bulbs and sensors can work with each other.
I would like to use ifttt and amazon echo skill now but then I recognized if I switch the server to Singapore all of my sensors would be gone and cannot be added anymore since they are not in the “add new device” list.
My question is, is it possible to control the bulbs with amazon skill even if I’m using them with Chinese server? Or is there a special way to make it work?

Thx for any advance