Collecting Echo & IFTTT feedback

Hi, all

I’m in Australia, Sydney.
Currently only set Alexa skills with 2 Yeelight colour blubs and Yeelight deskstand.
It works just great!

I had to cancel my Philips Hue order, LOL.

Thank you so much, Wilson and the Yeelight team.
I’m more than happy to coordinate if you need more info regarding this test period.

Hi WeiWei,

How will this effect my Xiaomi buttons I have set up to turn on/off my yeelight bulbs? Or the smart magic cube? I Guess they are in different servers as the Xiaomi ecosystem needs to be on mainland China and the yeelight bulbs on Singapore for Alexa / IFTTT integration.

Also… can I have the account for both yeelight and Xiaomi smart devices (including router and buttons) set up and operational on android and iphone simultaneously?

Thanks

Thanks for your feedback and we are really glad that you like our devices!

Xiaomi buttons and magic cube are connecting to China Mainland server…
In MiHome app, you can also choose them to Singapore server, but the inter-operation feature is missing now.

1 个赞

Ok thanks. I will watch this space for when that comes out!

And using the yeelight app on both iPhone and Android at the same time?

Thanks for your help.

Yes, the iOS version will be ready soon.

Unfortunately you are not correct and Xiaomi devises can connect to SGP server only in theory but not in fact.
Please compare screenshots made for SGP and China servers respectively. If you know any tricks I’ll be more then happy to try, but so far it looks like this:

OK, it’s may related to some product or sales policy. You can’t find Yeelight White Bulb in the list, but you can connect it through Yeelight app to Singapore server.
The limitation/restriction logic is residing in the mobile app, not the backend.

Same thing for here (I am actually based in Singapore…) will this app restriction be turned off ready for when we can eventually operate them all together?

For IFTTT… I would love to be able to have lists change Colour scene when the weather changes and also get the flights to flash a certain Colour when I get an email/ message etc…

I don’t know, because we only make smart LED while other products are made and maintained by other company.

Thanks! We will make an applet!

Hi Wilson,

Thanks for sending me the beta details. Unfortunately I cannot find my Yeelight in the device discovery for Alexa. Yeelight is showing in the home skills and my server is Singapore but no joy.

I am located in the UK, any ideas please?

It’s really strange because I have deployed the service in UK already… Could you let me know your XiaoMi ID so I can have a double check to make sure all your devices are really connecting to Singapore?

Also, have you successfully completed the account linking procedure?

Hello,

I have completed the account linking procedure I believe (a couple of times) and also tried reinstalling the app. I have just sent you my ID via email.

Many Thanks

Hello,

I have succesfully linked IFTTT with my colored Yeelight bulb. It really works like a charm! Even with Alexa for IFTTT.

But if I want to discover my Smart Home Devices on Alexa, I can’t find that bulb. Yes, it said, Alexa has been successfully linked with Yeelight and the Skill is showing up also. Is there a difference to the UK?

I am from Germany, is this the reason? I send you the Xiaomi ID via mail.

Thanks in advance! Great I can help bugfixing (I hope)!

P.S.: I recently realized, that in IFTTT the “Change color temperature” and “Change color” will let me choose the device and all my scenes, but it doesn’t work if I choose one and test it. On both. On the other hand under “Set scene” I only get “Options unavailable”. But toggling works perfekt! Also setting brightness works!

我在中国大陆 我来说一下体验感受 新加坡的服务器连接上稍微有点慢 而且一旦连接新加坡服务器就无法使用米家 米家里的设备就 离线了 无法和其他设备联动

I think an option like “Blink 2 times in a different color” in IFTTT would totally make sense to implement. Would appreciate.

这个是没有办法的选择,现在miot的云端是隔离的,数据无法共享,因此要么新加坡,要么大陆。如果要兼容两个,需要我们也部署两套服务,这些都是要不少费用的,考虑到大陆用Echo和IFTTT的用户非常少,我们选择了新加坡。。。

Thanks for your detailed feedback, we will look into these issues as soon as possible.

1 个赞