Collecting Echo & IFTTT feedback

Got it, you don’t have to retry, the color bulb must have been connected to Singapore already.

I think I may found the cause… We only deployed a service in North America and didn’t deploy the skill in Europe, from the word “colour” I suppose you are in UK, that’s why you can’t discover the bulb.

I will deploy a skill in EU and you can try it later.

1 个赞

Hello Wilson,

I suppose you last idea “We only deployed a service in North America and didn’t deploy the skill in Europe” is not correct based on mine experience and here is why:

I’m physically based in UK and have both IFTTT and Alexa and as well both Colour and White bulbs.
Been playing around all day long today and what I can say is:
everything works like a charm!

Alexa can control bulbs in both way: natively and via IFTTT. I had some issue with “DIM” options but it’s related to my voice and not to the application (Alexa just can’t hear me well enough)

The only (but very major) bad thing I’ve identified is: it works only if Singapur server chosen (I know, it was announced and I do really hope once you’ll go to PROD you’ll be bale to use China servers too).
This does affect me in that manner:
I can’t connect my Smart Home Gate to SGP so in fact my Smart Home things all connected to the different server VS Bulbs so bulbs can’t be controlled via scenes, switches and all other stuff, only verbally via Alexa.

Best Regard, Sergiy

Thanks for your information, Sergiy!

Regarding the Yeelight Alexa Skill and IFTTT service deployment, we actually have discussed and evaluated for quite a long time. Due to some privacy and political issue, the database/cloud (Singapore and China Mainland) has to be isolated, so to provide Alexa and IFTTT support for all customers around the world, we actually have to provide two service (one service can only connect to one Xiaomi cloud), which will cost a lot of money that we currently can’t afford :frowning: . Considering Echo & IFTTT is not popular in China, we decide to give up Chinese users and only provide services to international users. I believe from now on, all international users will be encouraged to connect XiaoMi devices to Singapore server for a better and faster experience, so please wait some time and I believe you will get the same function set between China & Singapore server.

For now, Yeelight users, you have to choose: either Echo & IFTTT or Xiaomi ecosystem… Sorry for that, hopefully we will fix it soon.

1 个赞

Wilson, thanks for your fast reply.
So if I get you right, I should much more expect to see ability of connect my XiaoMi devices to SGP cloud rather then Yeelight devices (with Alexa and IFTTT) to my currently prefered Chinese cloud?
Have you hear any rumors about possible ETA when Xiaomi ecosystem can be accessible from SGP cloud?

BR, Sergiy.

Discovered successfully now, thanks. I’ll test the functionality when I get home and report back.

Colour light is working consistently with Alexa. Commands seems to respond quickly and for the most part seamlessly for on/off commands. Dimm commands work but from a visual perspective doesn’t seem to correspond to the dimm % instructed. When I say dimm 50% the light doesn’t seem to dimm by half, similarly if I say dimm 90% it doesn’t appear to dimm proportionately. Not sure is this is just my perspective. I’ve also managed to add a white bulb successfully this time without issue and once again this works well. Is there a comprehensive list of commands to use, especially in respect of the colour bulb options?

Theoretically all Xiaomi devices could connect to Singapore server, however, the smart scenes / inter-operation feature is not implemented yet and I don’t have any information when this will be ready.

Dim by x percent.
Brighten by x percent.
Dim to x percent.
Turn on/off “The scene is created by Yeelight app”.
Turn on/off
Dim
Brighten

Hi, all

I’m in Australia, Sydney.
Currently only set Alexa skills with 2 Yeelight colour blubs and Yeelight deskstand.
It works just great!

I had to cancel my Philips Hue order, LOL.

Thank you so much, Wilson and the Yeelight team.
I’m more than happy to coordinate if you need more info regarding this test period.

Hi WeiWei,

How will this effect my Xiaomi buttons I have set up to turn on/off my yeelight bulbs? Or the smart magic cube? I Guess they are in different servers as the Xiaomi ecosystem needs to be on mainland China and the yeelight bulbs on Singapore for Alexa / IFTTT integration.

Also… can I have the account for both yeelight and Xiaomi smart devices (including router and buttons) set up and operational on android and iphone simultaneously?

Thanks

Thanks for your feedback and we are really glad that you like our devices!

Xiaomi buttons and magic cube are connecting to China Mainland server…
In MiHome app, you can also choose them to Singapore server, but the inter-operation feature is missing now.

1 个赞

Ok thanks. I will watch this space for when that comes out!

And using the yeelight app on both iPhone and Android at the same time?

Thanks for your help.

Yes, the iOS version will be ready soon.

Unfortunately you are not correct and Xiaomi devises can connect to SGP server only in theory but not in fact.
Please compare screenshots made for SGP and China servers respectively. If you know any tricks I’ll be more then happy to try, but so far it looks like this:

OK, it’s may related to some product or sales policy. You can’t find Yeelight White Bulb in the list, but you can connect it through Yeelight app to Singapore server.
The limitation/restriction logic is residing in the mobile app, not the backend.

Same thing for here (I am actually based in Singapore…) will this app restriction be turned off ready for when we can eventually operate them all together?

For IFTTT… I would love to be able to have lists change Colour scene when the weather changes and also get the flights to flash a certain Colour when I get an email/ message etc…

I don’t know, because we only make smart LED while other products are made and maintained by other company.

Thanks! We will make an applet!