Can't use Yeelight YLDP05YL with Mi home

Hi guys,

so I bought one of the new Gen 2 white bulbs. However, I cannot seem to use them with mi home.
I’ve reset the lamp countless times and tried to add it to my wifi. I even get so far to choose what room the lamp is in and to the sharing screen. When I press finish the lamp just won’t show up at all - not in the room I selected and also not in any new room I’ve created. It will create the new room, but it will be empty.

I’m using an iPhone X with the latest iOS and the latest version of the mi home app. I also own the vacuum and the ceiling light, a light strip and a color bulb and all of those work well and without problems.

For anyone interested:

• The only region the new bulb works with is China Mainland
  • I normally use Hong Kong because for me the response times are better

-> Maybe the servers will get updated at some point to properly support the bulb in Hong Kong.

Please use our own Yeelight App.

@luhaobo you can understand that this is not the answer that we are waiting for.
Most people here love yeelight as much as they love the Xiaomi ecosystem. It would be nice for us to know when you plan to support new bulbs in all Xiaomi servers

Hong Kong server is the same with Singapore server.

The strategy is made by Mihome, cause Yeelight Gen 2 is not sold officially overseas, it doesn’t support add the bulbs.

Hi.
I’m happy user of Yeelight products, however I can’t use the China server because of lack of voice assistant cooperation.

It would be great to have your remote in version 2 or some kind of another remote switch, which would work directly with your bulbs and other lamps.
I think it would be enough for many users and we could stay only with Yeelight app without engaging MiHome and waiting for Xiaomi’s decisions.

Hey guys,

Any news on when the v2 White bulbs will be supported in Mi Home on the Singapore server?

1 个赞

Not so far.

MI Home “yeelight groups”, containing white v2 bulbs, have issues: all control element which I see for single bulbs or for groups of color v2 bulbs, are missing. These MI Home created groups can’t be used in the MI Home app.

Is there another way to combine white v2 bulbs in groups and to use them in the MI Home ecosystem with switches, workflows and so on? I can group them in the yeelight app, but yeelight app created groups can’t be used in the MI Home world, or can they? It would be fine for me to use the yeelight app, but the main goal of purchaising the bulbs was and is to integrate them into the MI Home ecosystem.

Or is the best solution not to buy these cheaper white v2 bulbs and to buy only color v2 bulbs in the future?

Control elements for groups are intersection of features of it’s member. White v2 bulbs has no ability to change color, so there’s no Color related control elements. But switch and color temperature change is ok.

No, group in Yeelight is stored locally.

White v2 only supports brightness/color temperature changes. If you want change color, v2 color bulb is the choice.

I can’t do anything in this groups of white v2 bulbs, there is no switch, I posted 2 comparing Screenshots here:

These groups are unusable and this is a bug.

In most cases I need only change the brightness and temperature of white. The only reason why I order the color bulbs are the issues with white bulbs.

I just ask our colleague for help, there’s some error case in group that it can’t get model of its sub-devices, so the group can’t know which device it has. And this is the issue your picture shows.

There will be a update of group plugin in two weeks. Please stay tuned.

Hello,

Is there any update from Yeelight for when the Light Bulb 2 will be added to Mi Home on Singapore server?

Thanks

Hello, is there any update to use yeelight v2 in mi home in Romania ?
I really need this. :expressionless:

Yeelight v2 color bulbs are sold at stores in Denmark along with the MI Home gateway and after buying 10 bulbs I find out that they can’t be automated.

If you’re selling the bulbs in the country, but doesn’t have support for it, who is to blame here?

I really want to know if there’s a workaround for this or a useable answer from Yeelight staff on when support of v2 bulbs are in place.

Thanks in advance.

And here another pissed off customer… Placed Yeelights all around the house in every room. Got myself the EU Mi Home version and… NOTHING… Just useless… The worst part of it all, is that this is just a software issue… Somebody just has to say “Hey, let’s allow Chinese lightbulbs on European servers”…
I feel ripped off big time!

I’ve moved the server to main China. Now the lights work but not the roborock or the MI Hub.

#metoo !
The same in Italy, the bulb v2 is sold but not Mi Home support!

Mine are YLDP06YL

+1

Please allow more servers (Singapore, EU)

I bought some lights here YLDP133EU (Europe version) and they also not supported by Mi Home Europe servers