Can't connect to Mi Desk Lamp

Hi.
I bought a Mi LED Lamp (model MJTD01YL) and I can’t conenct it to Mi Home.
After adding it, I select my WiFi network (2G version, it lists my 5G network as public and doesnt let me select it, it’s grayed out).
Then a timer comes out (“updating connection state”), and after a while it times out (“connection timed out”).

I also tried connecting directly to the hotspot the lamp creates. I connect to it, go to the Mi Home app, and nothing happens (and the hotspot disappears).

Later I downloaded the Yeelight app. I select the Germany server and add the lamp.
This time it states that 5G networks are not supported. I hoose my 2G network, and the same thing happens: I get a time out.

What can I do?

Thanks.

1 个赞

show me your xiaomi id please.

Hi. It’s 265102647

I contacted tech support by email, and they helped me fix it. Thanks a lot!!!
I’ll post the solution here, in case anyone else has the same issue.

1)Reset the lamp (in my case, hold reset button until it start “breathing”), and check if there’s AP named like “yeelink-light-***” in your phone’s wifi list. If there isn’t, it means there’s something wrong with the wifi module of the lamp.

2)In Yeelight/MiHome application, add the lamp you want to connect. Make sure there’s no special character of your router’s password. If it still can’t connect, see step 3.

3)Look for the lamp in your router’s DHCP list. If it’s there, it means there’s something wrong with connection between your router and Mi cloud. Please have a check with your ISP if it blocks some domain of xiaomi.
If it isn’t there, (in the DHCP list), it means the lamp has problems to connect to your router. Check if your router blocks the lamp or your router has too many devices connected (max).

1. In my case, the lamp was in the router’s DHCP list, and my ISP said there was no blocking. It turned out to be the DNS of my ISP. I switched to Google public DNS 8.8.8.8, reset all, and it connected immediately.

Cheers.
Tarek.

Thanks for update, I replied to your email :wink:

I got same issues. In my case the lamp was in router’s DHCP list. But i can’t change DNS to Google, because will cannot access to internet.

What’s your xiaomi account?

Please refer to the link to see if you are the case:

Thanks for feedback. My xiaomi account is: 6178821096.

I will try approach your note above tonight. Thanks

Thanks for support @dingyichen.
After login with your account and upgrade firmware, i re-login my account and try connect again. It’s work fine.

I have the same issue. I can see my lamp connected to the router with the name: ESP_559DDE, which changes after I put the lamp out of power and back in to: yeelink-light-lamp1-miio71556011. I can’t see any setting on my router which would block the lamp connection. My ID number: 6179927436

Please refer to the topic:

Sorry I didn’t saw your earlier answer. Thank you for helping, after the firmware update I am able to connect to the lamp now.

Hi. I’ve the same problem.
New lamp in the dhcp list.
Not connection in mi home. Connection timeout.
Help me.
Sorry for English

Please refer to Connection timeout issue

Hello Yeelight, My Mi Desk Lamp is no longer connecting to Mi Home. I already tried to reset it twice to no avail. It still shows Device Offline.

Can you contact me via christopherj.alerta@gmail.com? I’d really appreciate it.

Dears, i have the same issue, cannot connect to the internet. My ID is 6267326983
Regards

Please refer to:

I tried. Initially was logged, updated, perfectly worked. In the morning back to hell, the lamp was not any more on the Yeelight app. Tried again to log with lixin account but the connection is stops to a “Connection timeout” message!! I didn’t succeeded to log any more :(.
Regards,

Android or ios of Yeelight do you use? Have you update firmware with lixin’s account? If yes, it should be work with yours too.

Android.
Not even with lixin account it cannot be connected.
I succeeded only when I created a hotspot from a mobile phone, with the same SSID and pass as my home wifi network. This was the solution to connect to the lamp and updated firmware.
Still, if I pull-off the lamp from power switch or I reset the wifi router, it tooks a lot until the lamp is back on the network.
It is verry difficult and give me emotions, so I do not reccomend to buy.
I had thinking to buy a colorful led bulb for my daughter, but now I am thinking twice, what if it is works with the same difficulties?
Regards