Call for beta users for IFTTT and Echo

Yes I have color bulb. But what Alexa command should i use

Alexa doesn’t support color changing and color temperature changing, but fortunately, you can create scene and ask Alexa to turn on your scene.

The way to create scene is: open “Yeelight” app, goto settings and click “scene bundle / scene” and then adjust the lights (can be multiple lights) to the wanted state and click save. Give the scene a decent name, say “bedtime” and then re-discover devices on your Echo, the scene will be present in your device list and you can say “Alexa, turn on bedtime”, then all the lights will be changed to your defined state.

The “scene bundle / scene” feature in the test App is just a demo, we will make it much easier and intuitive to use in official release soon.

Dear Yeelight staff,

I have just started to play with the echo app.

I’m starting to connect my lamps, but alexa doesn’t discover any device.

I connect to the singapore server successfully, the alexa app is installed, by default the skill is already enabled, I try to discover and no success.

I have a uk amazon echo dot, working perfect from my location, Spain.

I also enebled the developer mode on the rgb bulb. Firmware version is 1.3.1_43
The Yeelight app versiion is 2.3.00.

Any advice?
And please, keep up the incredible job that you are doing, with best regards

Do you mean you have two Alexa devices:
Echo dot: which is using English (UK) and it works ok.
Echo: which can’t find any devices?

If I’m right, what’s the language for your Echo and where this Echo located?

ah… , I got your point, you only have one Echo dot and works perfectly for all the services except Yeelight, right?
If that’s the case, could you try to disable and enable Yeelight skill and run discover for several times? Some UK uses do find it’s hard to run the discovery and they finally made it after several attempts. You may also try to switch the language to English (US) and try.

Dearfriends,

Thank you so much for your kind help!

After a few disable/enable tryouts, the light is working!
I have 30 lights, i will try to connect most of them in the holidays, group, etc…

I will keep you informed.

With best regards,

Great! 30 lights is a big challenge :slight_smile:
With so many devices, you can help us verify the server performance :slight_smile:

Awesome! I’m planning to buy Mi smart wifi plugs. Can they also work with alexa?

I can’t tell, they could, but I don’t know whether they will.

Can I get a Mi account of SGP and I can try to run some test for my yeelight bed light.

Just register one account, it’s globally available

I connect a bedside lamp on my app of SGP server . But IFTTT still shows no opions found on toggle lights on/off trigger.

Bedside lamp is a bluetooth device and can’t be integrated with IFTTT or Echo. Sorry for that.

With Echo it should possible cause Echo hast integrated Bluetooth

Echo integration is through server to server, just like IFTTT. The bluetooth of Echo is not opened for other device vendors to use.

I managed to quite easily install and set up my Yeelight color and white to work with Alexa directly, but I cannot change color. I am using the android app and set up a new scene which is identified as a new device by Alexa. Saying “Alexa turn on + scene name” seems to be understood by Alexa (she replies with an OK) but it doesn’t actually do anything…

I believe the issue is with the scene creation, as I cannot set a scene where the bulb settings are saved to the hue and status that I selected.

How about you click and apply the scene through your App? If that works, it should be working with Alexa.

Clicking apply, just turns the bulb off at best but mostly does nothing.

You may misunderstood the scene management. The scene is the snapshot of all your selelcted bulbs’ current status. Could you try again? We will make this more intuitive and staightforward in next app release.