Anyone successfully connected via developer mode threw an android UDP sender?

So I’ve been playing around and want to get more out of the android App tasker. Since the normal Yeelight app does not support “real” tasker commands I wanna send custom once threw and UDP sender. Have anyone done something similar?

I’m not sure about android, but here is an implementation for FHEM, maybe it’ll help to to integrate it into android:

Wish I understood code better. Sadly I cant do anything with this.

@myhrmans,
Sending TCP command to Yeelight bulb ( RGB v2 in my case ) using tasker works.
what you need:

1. install Yeelight official app and enable “3rd party access” also known as “LAN CONTROL”.
  2. in Tasker: add task “run shell” and see in this thread how to send the JSON formatted command through TCP.
    Controlling Yeelight RGBW using terminal / command line
  3. please note some limitation I complained about ( so far w/o any solution, AFAIK its a firmware issue )
    [SOLVED!] TCP commands not working - not getting response

so I can report that sending TCP commands do work - but you need to send the same command to multiple ID, since even if you got only one yeelight in your LAN, its ID get changed almost each time you send it a command.

As I said in the other thread, ideal solution is Send/Expect plugin for Tasker - shell might work but you can’t get the RESULTS of your command. No problems with ID as well.

As I said in the other thread, ideal solution is Send/Expect plugin for Tasker - shell might work but you can’t get the RESULTS of your command. No problems with ID as well.

@dalanik - I replied to this in the relevant thread.
please don’t jump subject between threads.